Sick beardy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can get this at the grocery store- you need to set up a hospital tank - you need a UVB and basking light set up together - can you take the lid off that tank - ? Is there a UVB ? You have not said

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You need a UVB that is just a basking bulb - he cannot live w/ out this
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/wholesale-reptile-hoods-domes-fixtures/1884-reptisun-terrarium-hood-t5-24-zoo-med.html this comes w/a 5.0 bulb hang on to it for a back up
you need this bulb
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/t5-uvb-bulbs/1878-reptisun-100-uvb-t5-ho-fluorescent-bulb-22-zoo-med.html
I recommend you go look at your local pet stores for what I posted or something similar to it -- He needs this ASAP- your dragon will not be able to digest his food w/ out it - if you get to the store and need help post what you find and I can help you
In the meantime if its warm where you are take him outside let him sit on you for at least 15 minutes or longer as long as you can stand the heat -- but he needs this UVB - your dragon is going to need this to pass the impaction -
Have you gotten any water into him or any food I recommended - - ?
can you take the top of your tank off ??
Karrie

Jamie2799

Original Poster
Hi I’m at the pet shop now I’ve just bought a uvb light I’ve managed to get some
Water into him but it looks like he’s being sick substrate not yet managed to get hold of Any of the food

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What did you buy for a UVB? Go to the grocery store and get what I posted you need to get this into him to pass a stool
Karrie

Jamie2799

Original Poster
It’s a desert uvb bulb . He’s been under it an hour and seems to have perked up slightly yet still no stool. I’ve bathed him in another warm bath and massages his belly. No shops are open right now but I’m getting apple paste tomorrow

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok apple paste I am not sure you want something unsweetened apple - are you not near a grocery store -- ? Ok the UVB tell me exactly what you got-- it needs to be a certain distance in the tank for certain bulbs
Karrie

Jamie2799

Original Poster
Thank you for all your help I bough the unsweetened apples I contacted my vets they had no space to see him he sadly passed away within the last hour. I’m absolutely heart broke

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so again I am so sorry for your little one- I can only guess that was the issue - but again I am not sure -- :cry:
Karrie

Jamie2799

Original Poster
Thank you truely for all your help , he will for sure be missed:( I look forward to hopefully getting another once I’ve researched more and got everything I need .they truely are Amazing little things. Once again thank you for your help

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If you need help or questions answered please ask there is alot of conflicting info on line - here is the best place to ask
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom