Volcano Gets Cranky During Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my little guy is going thru a shed at the moment. So I figured I'd give him some relief and bring him for a soak. Note to self Volcano erupts when he's shedding so leave him the hell alone lol
107595-2243768648.jpg
The little sucker is fast. Ran up my shoulder and bit me and climbed down my back before I knew what's what. So I guess the moral is leave him alone during shed.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Unusual for them to bite out of aggression, but shedding does make them pretty cranky. I agree with your conclusion to let him be until the shed is done. I hope that face cut heals up for you quickly.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
When I saw the pic I immediately assumed it was a scratch...but a bite, yikes! Good thing he got himself an experienced human and not some newbie.

PinballWizard

WinFam01":1xkolz6x said:
When I saw the pic I immediately assumed it was a scratch...but a bite, yikes! Good thing he got himself an experienced human and not some newbie.

I know! I thought it was a scratch but a bite that hard is something else! Hope it heals fast, bc I know beardie bites are one helluva pain (and I haven't even been bit half as hard as that :shock: )

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It healed up in about two days. It hurt like hell but looked worse than it really was. He has quite the bite strength though. But as I type this he’s out cold on my shoulder like a little puppy lol.

saraho

Hatchling Member
This goes to show that Volcano definitely found the right forever home with you. You didn't overreact to his moment of pain and I'm sure he appreciated it.

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So Volcano's shed ended and almost right after I believe he went in brumation. For 2ish weeks he wouldn't come out of his hide or hammock and slept pretty much all day. Now he's back to running all over his tank when I'm home and wants me to take him out but almost immediately he'd try jumping down and running away from me. If I tried to pick him up he'd gape at me and once or twice tried to bite me. Now after not giving up on him and carefully handling him everyday despite his pissy disposition I think I've finally tamed him down (or at least mostly tamed him down). Past two night as I sit playing some Xbox I look over and he's glass surfing and staring at me. So I pick him up and sit back down with him and he snuggles right up to my neck and chills. We'll now the little bugger thinks he can now take over my bed because when and gets ready to go to sleep he'll jump over to my bed (I sit with him right next to it) and makes himself comfortable in the middle of the blankets and it's lights out. It's adorable when I go and pick him up to put him in his tank for bed because with eyes still close and he'll grab on and not let me go. Every time I get one leg released he'll grab on with another. I seriously hope this is a sign he completely trusts me now because I don't want another dragon kiss to the face :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom