NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivetb

I got my bearded dragon 2 years ago while he was already 2 years old and everything was normal until recently. He stopped eating a month ago now, so i took him to the vet and they gave him a powder food called Carnivore Care. I try to force feed him it but he doesn’t eat the full 3 tablespoons, he hardly eats 1 tablespoon. He’s always been a bit lazy but lately he’s been even more always looking tired and wanting to sleep. His eyes have been looking more and more sunken. Today they look especially bad and he’s always half awake. His tail looks odd where it meets his body the sides are sunken also. I just want advice because I’m becoming increasingly worried.

His tank set up is 40 gallons, hot side is in the mid 90s and the cooler side is mid 70s also. He has a mat on the bottom it has little rock’s but i try and vacuum those up when I see they’re loose. His tank is 40 gallons the heat bulb is 150 watts and the UVB is 15 watts mounted of the wall of his tank. The hot side is in the mid 90s and the cool side is mid 70s. Included will be some photos of CJ, thank you for any help.
109268-775563708.jpg
[XIMG]109268
109268-6609449964.jpg
9298749761[/XIMG]

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He looks dehydrated --- have you tried offering water? Please do so - either by putting him in a bath and if you do not let him drink really fast -- he will aspirate he needs to drink slow-- or you can drop water on his nose and let him lick or by a eye dropper ---
the UVB is on the back wall -- does it have a reflector on it -- what brand and bulb are you using ? Is it a T 5 or a T 8
Please post pics of the tank and lighting
Karrie

ivetb

Original Poster
KarrieRee":32blci6r said:
He looks dehydrated --- have you tried offering water? Please do so - either by putting him in a bath and if you do not let him drink really fast -- he will aspirate he needs to drink slow-- or you can drop water on his nose and let him lick or by a eye dropper ---
the UVB is on the back wall -- does it have a reflector on it -- what brand and bulb are you using ? Is it a T 5 or a T 8
Please post pics of the tank and lighting
Karrie

Yes, I give him baths often and he always drinks a lot of water that’s why I’m a little confused about it. I even give him water before his bath yet he drinks tons while in the bath. The brand of the UVB bulb is Zilla and the bulb is T8. the heat bulb is from Exo Terra. Here is a photo of the tank.
109268-5884922696.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The UVB fixture does it have a reflector on it ? If not you need to get one- you can order from here
http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/miscellaneous-accessories/arcadia-flourescent-lamp-reflectors-new-hot/
The next thing you need is to move the fixture and have it directly over him --- he is not getting any/ enough UVB w/ the way its positioned -- Zilla bulbs are not real good I would swap it out for a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 -- the fixture needs to be approx 6-8 inches above him directly over the basking decor - you can hang the fixture w/ these
3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – long plastic zip ties-- fishing line-- shoe laces or potted plant wire hangers
Please get your UVB situated
Karrie

ivetb

Original Poster
KarrieRee":6mlybj1c said:
The UVB fixture does it have a reflector on it ? If not you need to get one- you can order from here
http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/miscellaneous-accessories/arcadia-flourescent-lamp-reflectors-new-hot/
The next thing you need is to move the fixture and have it directly over him --- he is not getting any/ enough UVB w/ the way its positioned -- Zilla bulbs are not real good I would swap it out for a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 -- the fixture needs to be approx 6-8 inches above him directly over the basking decor - you can hang the fixture w/ these
3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – long plastic zip ties-- fishing line-- shoe laces or potted plant wire hangers
Please get your UVB situated
Karrie

Okay thank you so much I’ll get it asap.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy this evening?
So he does drink while he is in his bath?
Can you review his eating & supplementation schedule for us also?
The tube bulb is mounted on the back wall, correct? Once you upgrade the tube bulb, I highly
recommend getting it mounted directly overhead, underneath of the screen if at all possible. The
tube bulbs, when mounted on the back wall in that manner simply have no direction of being able
to point the light towards them. The light refracts out & away from your dragon so he doesn't
receive the light very well. It needs to be directed downward towards him.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom