Positioning UV Strip in Zen Habitat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
My 4x2x2 Zen hab finally came in, and I'm ready to start the build! My question is, where should I place the 24" Arcadia 14% bulb?

The side of the hab, parallel to the 24" wall, so the basking lamp can be placed beside it?

The back of the hab, on the warm side, perpendicular to the "short" wall?

The front of the hab, on the warm side, perpendicular to the "short" wall?

Smack dab in the center of the hab? Parallel to the 24" wall, or perpendicular to it?

Sorry if this sounds dumb; I just don't want to keep moving it around.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Go with the second option. I don't think the fixture would even fit width wise anyways. Not that you'd want that though. Positioning it all the way over on the hot side above the basking site, and parallel with the long wall provides the best uv gradient.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It needs to be strapped to the screen --- you want the distance its a strong bulb -- post pics when your all done getting it set up :)
Karrie

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":x6pvusb7 said:
Go with the second option. I don't think the fixture would even fit width wise anyways. Not that you'd want that though. Positioning it all the way over on the hot side above the basking site, and parallel with the long wall provides the best uv gradient.

Okay, back of the hab behind the basking bulb it is, then! Thank you! :D

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":3l8fu7o6 said:
It needs to be strapped to the screen --- you want the distance its a strong bulb -- post pics when your all done getting it set up :)

Definitely on both counts! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom