Freyja and Us are new to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok you need the Powersun unobstructed so move it so its not over the mesh -- its gonna obstruct the UVb rays --- what kind of screen do you have on the tank - if it is wide holed like a dime the T 5 can go on top if its fine mesh like a screen door its going to need to go into the tank - 12-15 inches from basking decor -
Karrie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Sorry just saw that reply here..... I’ve hung it right over the mesh. But it’s still not hot enough down there and I’ve zoomed heat pad on the glass by basking spot

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Get your lamp stand and put it over the decor piece w/ NO screen -- you want it open-- then get the temp you can try lowering the stand to where its 10 inches then get the temp--
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so no screen-- get a temp if its not where you want it lower it to 10 inches get temp if its too hot go up to 11 inches -- somewhere there has to be a happy medium-- the T 5 will need to go into the tank -- it looks like your screen is a fine mesh -- if you arent happy w/ the MVB you can swap it out for your 100 watt basking bulb after you get the T 5 but for now you want the MVB so hes getting some UVB
Watch her / his behavior and see if he starts basking more and eating more
Karrie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Ok so it’s 95 in the bask with lid off and basking bulb at ten inches and it’s 84 int middle of tank too?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yeah thats not gonna work ---- ugh -- as long as she has nothing to climb to get to the top of the tank your good -- let me check w/ CooperDragon again
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes the top can be off the enclosure. I don't use the top on mine and haven't had escapes since the basking spots are too far below the top to allow climbing over it. I also have no other animals in the house that can get in. You can also just keep the light on the mesh top and just raise the basking area to allow closer access.

I would adjust the way you have your thermometers set up. Put at least one of them right on the basking surface rather than stuck to the glass/side of the enclosure. You may find that the basking surface temp (which is what you want to read) is getting warm enough and no further adjustment is needed.

If the basking surface is still reading too low, you can bring your dual fixture back in to play and use a halogen basking bulb there that is dimmable. Connect that to a dimmer and adjust the output to tweak the temperature as needed. You can do this with a ceramic heat emitter as well.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
ok yeah i have got the temps better now and moved my temp probes CooperDragon and Karrie!
i just purchased the hood

What bulb do i buy for this i heard 10.0 t5 will get through the mesh i have ?
Im having trouble finding the bulb for this length what length do i buy for this lmao?

Zoo Med T5 HO Reptisun Terrarium Hood 30"

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
also i will buy a new mesh screen if she will benefit from that aswell any ideas where and what ?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
nevermind i was told a 22" goes in that hood....
so should i buy new mesh top????
I do plan on buying the 10.0 t5 bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom