How to feed newbee who looks healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splreece

109077-8910509105.jpg
Hey all
109077-3150863261.jpg
Ive a 10 wk old beardie and she's been home 3 weeks.. Not eating properly but definitely eating around 6 - 10 dubia roaches.. Approx 1cm long per day.

She looks healthy.. Poos daily... And doesn't seem unhappy.. But not eating the vols I would hope based on reading.

Temps and humidity are stable and have been for 2 weeks.. All at recommended levels.. She's white underneath and on body so no apparent stress... Just not eating huge amount..

Not concerned as much as gmshes improved loads last week or so... More about how peeps feed salad and fruit n bugs... My pic shows I put all in same bowl... But she's deed picky and won't feed from bowl.... Lil buggar.....

Gonna try the adding a waxworm to entice her to bowl... But just checking if. Mixing like the pic shows is a good idea.... Plus bugs get to gut load too

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the yellow stuff in the bowl - she needs greens - mustard collard turnip or kale or two mixed together - ad some yellow or zucchni squash on top cut it up then put your BSFL on top along w/ some small super worms for movement --
Karrie

Splreece

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1yav2s91 said:
What is the yellow stuff in the bowl - she needs greens - mustard collard turnip or kale or two mixed together - ad some yellow or zucchni squash on top cut it up then put your BSFL on top along w/ some small super worms for movement --
Karrie

Yeah I tend to use kale... None on there as I was trying to hand feed.. She just doesn't eat them..

Tried the bribery thing with worms and managed to get some I side her by covering the worms with kale and Carrott bits but that's more a n accident than a bribery thing....

The bowl has wax and calci worms, dubia roach, apple, little rasberry ad a test if its a treat, carrot, and she cunningly picked out just the wax worms (haven't fed her them waxa for a week so trying a tactic to get her to eat via bowl as bin isn't working.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If she's eating kale that is really good-- is she eating the other insects like the dubias? Dust them - usually they go for the insects and not the greens
Karrie

Splreece

Original Poster
KarrieRee":hr8px4ht said:
If she's eating kale that is really good-- is she eating the other insects like the dubias? Dust them - usually they go for the insects and not the greens
Karrie

Yeah just not out the bowl. Grr.. Think this one's gonna be a hand feeder...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok you dont want her to attached to your hand -- its good but there are going to be times when you wont be able to -- keep working w/ the bowl thing -- I would take a worm and try and get her to follow your hand to the bowl and and if she does drop it in the bowl in front of her and see if she will go for it
Karrie

Splreece

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1mr9p377 said:
Ok you dont want her to attached to your hand -- its good but there are going to be times when you wont be able to -- keep working w/ the bowl thing -- I would take a worm and try and get her to follow your hand to the bowl and and if she does drop it in the bowl in front of her and see if she will go for it
Karrie
Yeah I started that yesterday.. She ended up eating just worms... And the naughty wax worms...

She won't budge for anything else... So am going to just offer healthy calci or dubias and see eventually when she gets really hungry.. Hoping that means she won't just cheekily. Move for waxs

She's ballooned over last 2 days so hope it's jus from shedding or eating loads... Pooing fine... But defo got rounder
109077-3283883338.jpg
. She's gone from silly to podgy... Good meal I recon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom