Pale spot on bearded dragons head

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your fine w/ the T 8 but I would invest in the fixture I posted for you and that bulb however you need to get your T 8 inside the tank --- the screen is blocking 30% of those rays and w/ the cover that you had on was even more so get the T 8 inside you can hang w/ these
3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip ties-- fishing line -- shoe laces-- potted plant hangers ---
The basking decor needs to be approx 6-8 inches directly underneath ---
Your going to need to replace the bulb in 3 months anyway so I would plan on getting the new fixture and bulb in 3 months --- and if you decide in the future to upgrade the 40 gallon that 24" fixture will go right into the new tank
Karrie

worried4griff

Original Poster
Hey so the spot on his head is still there and there's another spot just like it near his ear. The tip of his head to the end of his eyes look like they are beginning to shed but not in it's normal pattern. Also right above his eye is shedding a weird crusty yellow skin. When I pet his head he moves away, he's fine when I pet his body and tail though. Although he is still energetic and eats normal. Do you think I should get in contact with a vet?

worried4griff

Original Poster
I took Griff over to my neighbor who used to run a reptile store. She told me it was just some stuck shed and proceeded to wet it and take it off. She didn’t get it all off though because Griff started getting upset and he bled a little. In complete honesty it kinda looks like she just took off his scales. She told me to put Vaseline on the stuck shed and try to get the rest off but I can’t tell if his head looks better or worse and I don’t want tear the shed off without being certain.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please no more help from the neighbor!!! She's probably damaged his scales and w/ him squirming she was hurting him--- let his shed come off naturally-- if and when it gets crackly / drie take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush-- No Vaseline! I want ahbd to advise on what to put on it
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Put some raw unpasteurized honey on it, best thing you can use and it's 100 % safe in the eye.

worried4griff

Original Poster
Okay well I wasn’t planning on asking my neighbor for help again she seemed a little off her rocker if ya know what I mean but I will go get that honey you were talking about right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom