Baby Bearded Dragon Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That size is fine, he could eat 2 of those at a time easily [ and more ] but stretch them out over the next few days . Feed him in the tank in case the guts ooze out + make a mess.

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":3eo9p5xl said:
Hi there, I just wanted to say that he/she is looking good and it sounds like you're doing a good job handling everything, esp. the hassle of getting live food. :) Try to avoid the freeze dried crickets , use only a few at a time and be sure he's well hydrated. BTW if you'd like to post a couple pics of him with tail arched up high like in this article I can probably tell you the gender.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/sexing/
Sorry about that. I forgot to send pictures.
87331-1750620967.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Looks female from that pic. If you post 2-3 pics it can show more, possibly from a slight angle but in this pic it looks female.

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks so much for the help everyone. So when do I lower her feeding schedule and shorten the time limit. She’s 5 months old if I had to guess.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How much are you feeding her ? At 5 months they still need to eat pretty much as much as they want but include greens daily as well.

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
When I get my check I feed her roaches and then when I’m out I feed her crickets till my next check. But Crickets I follow the 3x a day routine and follow the 10 - 15 minutes rule and as for roaches 3x a day and each feeding I let her have between 30-35 per feeding so it’s about 90 a day. She is still hungry after 30 but I stop her at 30 to make the roaches last a little longer.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If you're feeding her 90 insects then you need the next bigger size. That's waaaaay too many insects and too much money.

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I upped the size and she still eats 3x a day but she change how much she eats. It’s now 10-15 per feeding so about 30-45 a day

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Not like she should but it might have to do with her getting ready to shed. Once her colors turn white how long does it take to start shedding and also I managed to take her to the vet for a head to tail check up and he said she looks alert and active but he couldn’t give a fecal test cause she wouldn’t poop but her poop has been runny lately but he gave her a dewormer and told me to call next week if it is still runny and it is but she used it again tonight while giving her bath but it looked well formed but If it is still like that Monday I’ll give a call to him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I dont know why vets put dragons on dewormer w/ out a fecal being done first - some of these meds are harsh and if they dont need it then why subject the dragon to it - I dont understand that - I guess I would hold off on the meds and get a fecal in to them and do the test first then decide if he needs it or not - but that is me -- the poop does it smell so bad it make you want to leave the room? There could be many causes for runny poop -- her diet is she eating alot of fruit or a lot of squash stuff that has a lots of water in it-- what about her UVB ? What are you using and how old is it? Basking temps? Are they what they should be? A lot of this can play a factor in runny poop-- a process of elimination
Karrie

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sometimes it stinks other times it don’t. But I got to wait till next month I’m low on money and need to make it last but soon as my next check comes in I’ll take her ASAP with some fecal but lately she hasn’t been eating a lot but that might be due to shedding cause her front paws just started shedding. But I always make her either collards and squash or mustard and squash. And I still using 10.0 uvb. Basking temps stay between 100 - 110 Fahrenheit. And I think she is between either 5 months or 6 months and lately she’s been going to bed before dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom