My dragon is sleeping on his wall!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZillaTheCutie

Hello! This is my first time posting here! My dragon (Zilla <3) is sleeping super weird!! There is a climbing wall on the back wall of zillas enclosure, and right above that is his heating lamp. When i switched his night-time lamp on for the night he climbed up on the wall right under the lamp and he seems to be sleeping there! He is eating/drinking as usual and the tem is as it usialy should be. Is this normal and should i be concerned?! His basking Bulb is at 75 watt and his night-time one is at 15. The current cage temp is at 73f. I was told by a friend that this the right temp+watt stuff i should have/get.
Sorry if this is a bit of a stupid question, i haven't found anyone else's dragon sleeping like this and im bit of a nervous reck right now lol. Zillas my first dragon and i want him to be comfortable/safe. If you know anything about this please help me out!!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
First of all there should be no light on at nite AT ALL -- dragons sleep in the dark and they like it cool - not below 65 in the 70's is fine- dragons have a 3rd eye on top of their head and it is sensitive to light - so please ditch the light ---- w/ you telling us this please review your set up so we can give you some tips on what you should have and should not have --- you can go here and review your set up to see if you need some help replacing things
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=256269
this was just posted last nite and it is to help new owners and from us having to constantly repeat ourselves--- if you have ANY more questions or need clarification on anything PLEASE ASK we are here to help- we want your baby healthy ---- to answer your question dragons do sleep in the strangest places -- when I first got Hiccup he used to sleep in this tiny plastic cactus plant that was in the tank -- the plant is still there and he towers over that plant now
Karrie

ZillaTheCutie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2e1nuu30 said:
First of all there should be no light on at nite AT ALL -- dragons sleep in the dark and they like it cool - not below 65 in the 70's is fine- dragons have a 3rd eye on top of their head and it is sensitive to light - so please ditch the light ---- w/ you telling us this please review your set up so we can give you some tips on what you should have and should not have --- you can go here and review your set up to see if you need some help replacing things
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=256269
this was just posted last nite and it is to help new owners and from us having to constantly repeat ourselves--- if you have ANY more questions or need clarification on anything PLEASE ASK we are here to help- we want your baby healthy ---- to answer your question dragons do sleep in the strangest places -- when I first got Hiccup he used to sleep in this tiny plastic cactus plant that was in the tank -- the plant is still there and he towers over that plant now
Karrie
Thanks for helping out! Im a bit new to this :p. ill make sure not to leave on any light at night!

ZillaTheCutie

Original Poster
109150-9812165843.jpg
109150-4367301879.jpg
here is his cage setup. Sorry for taking so long to post it. I was having troubles uploading it lol. Let me know if theres anything wrong >•<

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Did you read the link I posted in my last post? I see a stick on for temps- they are not accurate for getting basking temps--- and I see only domes for lights which tells me you have a coil UVB-- those are inadequate-- you need a 24" fixture w a reflector--and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb--- those are the best on the market at this time- if you need help finding that please ask I have websites you can order from- you can get a digital probe thermometer from Petco or PetSmart for $7-- you need to get both the UVB and thermometer-- ASAP--
Karrie

ZillaTheCutie

Original Poster
Hey thanks for the reply. Im dyslexic so i must have just skimmed the Info on the link (oops). This is super concerning and i mega regret not slowing down and reading everything. i will replace everything that needs replacing asap. Im so glad i came here for help!! Thank you so much for the help

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
They do sleep in weird spots. My favorite was when Mari was just 4 months old and she’d jump out of the top of her viv early in the morning and sleep on top of her UVB fixture. I had to make major adjustments to her enclosure because she kept leaping out of the top. (It wasn’t covered at first because I didn’t think beardies were like other lizards, lol. Turns out juvenile beardies are just as agile as anoles.)

Now she’s 10 months old and I just let her free roam, but she doesn’t leave her viv much anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom