Beardie suddenly aggressive ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny0417

Hello, I have a 6-7 month old beardie named Khali, we assume she is a girl since we tried to identify her sex by looking under her tail. She was a big scared at first when we got her and we understood, after having her for a while she was fine and would be on our shoulder and cuddle with us when we would lay down. Recently, in these past month, she has been aggressive, she puffs up her beard when she sees us or when we try talking to her. She has been bullying our other dragon Pablo who is a girl. She’s been bobbing her head at her and getting on top of her. Is she a boy? Why is she suddenly aggressive towards us? We’ve done nothing that would cause her stress, we haven’t changed anything. Pablo and Khali have known each other since they were small, Khali would not care for Pablo when they were next too each other, and now Khali bullies Pablo and is aggressive towards my partner and I.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need to separate the dragons- she is going to eventually kill the other dragon- if they are two males for sure - if one is a female and one a male the male will want to constantly mate - the other one being bullied will end up getting sick because the other has taken over dominance of the other and will take over the food basking UVB etc --- the one being bullied will become sick w/ health and stress --- I recommend you get them separated ASAP- dragons should never be kept together they are a dominant animal --
Karrie

Jenny0417

Original Poster
Hello, I’m sorry I should have been more specific. They are in a huge tank but they are separated with a glass in the middle. They have been next to each other for a while and got along fine until recently Khali started bobbing her head and going after Pablo and getting on top of her. Khali has her own UVB and basking area with her food and so does Pablo. They are separated in their tank, Pablo is for sure a girl, we thought Khali is but we don’t know yet. It is only when we let them run around our home is when Khali decides to get on top of Pablo, and she bobs her head at her. Is there anyway we can tame Khali? She used to be very sweet and suddenly she became aggressive. We give all of our dragons love and we spend time with them so they know that they are loved. However it is difficult with Khali because she gets really mad and hisses at us and tries to bite us. I have gloves on when I handle her and try to pet her and give her love, sometimes she is calm but than she becomes aggressive again.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
We need to sex Khali please take a pic of her butt w/ tail in the air need to get a pic if her vent- dragons should not be able to see each other either-- I would get something solid between them - how big is the tank you have them in-
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I see two bumps -- that is a male --- unless I am wrong -- someone else can chime in -- that is the reason for headbobbing and trying to mate and the aggressiveness -- I would let him not see her anymore --- post a pic of Pablo's butt
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That looks male as well --- I see two bumps --- keep them apart --- soon you will have them black bearding--- I am gonna have AHBD look to make sure
Karrie

Jenny0417

Original Poster
I had someone at a pet store sex Pablo and said she was a female. Pablo does not head bobbing, she is calm and doesn’t get mad at all when she sees the other dragons. Even the vet sexed her as female, very interesting !

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, in both pics they are 100 % no doubt males as Karrie said. Since they are becoming mature they are super high strung and seeing each other they want to mate and/or fight. You have to keep them away from each other and even from seeing each other. If glass separates the tanks you have to cover it up. Eventually you'll be able to handle them again but right now they are pre- occupied + driven by hormones.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You need to find another vet and don't listen to the pet store people
Karrie

Jenny0417

Original Poster
Hello! Thank you very much for your help, I will be buying a new tank for Khali. Pablo is very calm and gentle with us, Khali is mainly the problem right now so we will separate them and hopefully we are able to handle him soon after his hormone phase passes. Thank you so much

gwi11iams

Now to be serious about this discussion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jOk8dk-qaU

Come Out and Play
The Offspring

You gotta keep 'em separated
Like the latest fashion
Like a spreading disease
The kids are strappin' on their way to the classroom
Getting weapons with the greatest of ease
The gangs stake their own campus locale
And if they catch you slippin' then it's all over pal
If one guys colors and the others don't mix
They're gonna bash it up
Hey - man you talkin' back to me?
Take him out
Hey - man you disrespecting me?
Take him out
Hey they don't pay no mind
If you're under 18 you won't be doing any time
Hey, come out and play
By the time you hear the siren
It's already too late
One goes to the morgue and the other to jail
One guy's wasted and the other's a waste
It goes down the same as the thousand before
No…

~Gregory Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom