New Adult Beardie Biting

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolingmink

Hi, so this is my first post here but I just have some questions. Yesterday I got about a 1.5 year old bearded dragon. The man that sold her to us was holding her and she seemed fine. Last night she was glass surfing on and off for a couple of hours and then seemed to stop after a while. I thought the glass surfing may have been due to the fact that it was her first night here. But when I've went to put my hands in her enclosure sometimes she tries to bite my hand. Is that common or is it something I should work on? If it is what would be some options to start acclimating her to me? Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Behavior can be caused by lighting so we need to rule that out--- what are you using for a UVB? Brand and bulb coil or tube? Where in the tank is it? Basking temps ? What are they and how are you taking them? No stick ons they are inaccurate--
Karrie

coolingmink

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3ma40kz4 said:
Behavior can be caused by lighting so we need to rule that out--- what are you using for a UVB? Brand and bulb coil or tube? Where in the tank is it? Basking temps ? What are they and how are you taking them? No stick ons they are inaccurate--
Karrie

Hi, sorry for the late response college is very busy right now. I have a ReptiSun 10.0 installed inside the tank that fits the entirety of the tank. The basking temp is between 90-97 depending on where she decides to go. I use a normal house thermometer that I put in there to check. Its hard to explain what it is but its not a stick on but its not one that you check if you have a fever with. It usually sits in our kitchen to tell us the temp but I put it in the basking area to check the temperatures.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That temp gauge your using is inaccurate-- please get a digital probe thermometer from petco or petsmart -- my guess is the tank is too hot- - lighting in the tank is crucial to their overall health and behavior-what is the tube is it a T 8 or a T 5? -- the UVB we dont recommend a full length simply because you dont want them hiding from it -- she needs to be able to get out of the UVB rays w/ out hiding from it -- your temps in your tank should be 80's cool side during the day 90's middle of the tank and basking area 95-110 -- nite no lights and cool and dark 70's but not below 65-- distance plays a key role in the UVB and I need the tube if its a T 5 or a T 8
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom