Now getting worried... 9-10wk old beardie not well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splreece

109077-9280415154.jpg
109077-3383587459.jpg
109077-3586347955.jpg
hi all,

ive had some brilliant advice on the setup and husbandry over the last week as the petshop completely mis informed me....

i have an 9 week old beardie who is very lethargic, always basking, always relaxed (looks like enjoying) laying down with head raised. However she eats approx 5 worms/roaches a day.
109077-3665926517.jpg
Setup
- 41deg basking surface temp
- 30deg cool side
- t5 12% uvb hood
- humidity is 25% warm and 40% cold
- basking stone is directly underneath the uvb and basking light
- tile substrate
- all bits are 10 days old max

Food (live and salad and water) ive tried (every 3hours offered)
- calci worms (wont eat any)
- crickets (had a single day eating 30) then nothing
- dubia roaches (a couple of days eating 5ish)
- locusts (not eaten any)
- wax worms (fed to try and get appetite up, around 2-3 per day) n days she'll eat but i go through all above before waxes
- Water (wont drink)
- salad (wont eat)

Symptoms
aside not eating she is showing signs of
- losing weight
- lethargic
- slow but will happily run up my arm
- slumps when i pick her up

She is pooing daily and looks healthy poo... aside reducing the humidity which im getting a dehumidifier happen tomorrow, i am stumped.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Post pics of her and the tank and lighting -- https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
She is lethargic??? what is this all bits are 10 days old max? 5 roaches is pretty good how big are they? Roaches are going to be more filling and as long as they are the right size for her that is good- you dont want them too big and if they are small she would eat more -- what is the humidity in the tank? How long have you had her? She could be going thru relocation stress and as long as shes eating something basking and pooping she should be fine-- its the lethargic thing that is getting me--
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She looks good - she does not look lethargic to me -- she looks like shes doing what she should be doing --
Karrie

Splreece

Original Poster
KarrieRee":yznp3kw6 said:
Post pics of her and the tank and lighting -- https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
She is lethargic??? what is this all bits are 10 days old max? 5 roaches is pretty good how big are they? Roaches are going to be more filling and as long as they are the right size for her that is good- you dont want them too big and if they are small she would eat more -- what is the humidity in the tank? How long have you had her? She could be going thru relocation stress and as long as shes eating something basking and pooping she should be fine-- its the lethargic thing that is getting me--
Karrie

thanks karrie... sorry, my typing skills...

the equipment is all new (less than 10 days old).

lethargic as in shes not displaying quick movements like head or body, especially when put in front of food she isn't eating (so today is 1pm and she hasn't eaten yet... (when offered food some of the worms escape so there is food around the viv but hasn't been touched).

The humidity is 25/40 warm/cold side.... and (you gave great advice yesterday to move the basking stone directly under uvb, so she spent yesterday afternoon/eve and this mornin on the basking stone soaking up the heat, light and uvb...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So shes not going after the insects ? Its not uncommon for them not to eat - it sounds like shes still going thru relocation stress --- she is eating the roaches? She could be full from yesterday still - just keep offering her the food -- if shes eating something thats good - she wont starve - she needs to adjust and w/ the good UVB and basking temps she should be fine --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom