Learning How to Draw Beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
In my spare time, I like to doodle cartoons of animals - but until now, I've never tried a Beardie. This is my first attempt. I'm not really satisfied - particularly with the top of the head - but it's a start!

82801-6337905251.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's really good, you captured that little hint of a smile and the raggedy little beard. Also the eyes looking adoringly at a juicy bug. :) But really a nice job !

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2ry5qf06 said:
That's really good, you captured that little hint of a smile and the raggedy little beard. Also the eyes looking adoringly at a juicy bug. :) But really a nice job !

Thank you! I'll probably practice with some b/w line art for a bit... I was going for a sort of "if Disney drew a Beardie" vibe with this one.

saraho

Hatchling Member
I’ve been playing with drawing Charlie as my Children’s Library mascot.
108942-4337240215.jpg

Your drawing is great! I want something more cartoonish or kawaii, but I guess my drawing style is normally more realistic. A forum category for owner Art would definitely encourage me to keep trying!!

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Your Charlie picture is awesome! It’s got a children’s illustration vibe going on, which is perfect for a children’s library. Keep on drawing! :)

saraho

Hatchling Member
I like it! How did you draw it? I have always drawn on paper, but my coworker has a tablet that allows you to attach paper to it and you get both paper and digital. I should do my next Charlie drawing that way. Its frustrating to try to draw, scan and then attempt to edit my art since my work computer doesn't have the software I need for the job.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
saraho":2ioy4uy2 said:
I like it! How did you draw it? I have always drawn on paper, but my coworker has a tablet that allows you to attach paper to it and you get both paper and digital. I should do my next Charlie drawing that way. Its frustrating to try to draw, scan and then attempt to edit my art since my work computer doesn't have the software I need for the job.

Thanks! I do draw on paper sometimes, but lately I've been using my iPad and an app called SketchClub; it's not the fanciest or the most intuitive for serious artists (which I'm not) but it allows me to do layers, which is essential for the way I draw. And since I'm drawing using a stylus, it lets me adjust the line thickness manually... that's the cludgiest thing about drawing on an iPad, really; no pressure sensitivity. My sister-in-law, who trained to be a graphic designer, uses a tablet - but I erase so much that using one would be agony! :)

saraho

Hatchling Member
The ability to work with layers is a must! I am stuck with a program here at the library that doesn't offer true editing, there are layers but you can't go in and edit backgrounds or colors. Its a real drag when my boss asks me to work on advertising pieces and I have to make do with a lesser program.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
saraho":1tezxkfn said:
The ability to work with layers is a must! I am stuck with a program here at the library that doesn't offer true editing, there are layers but you can't go in and edit backgrounds or colors. Its a real drag when my boss asks me to work on advertising pieces and I have to make do with a lesser program.

Oh man, that must be downright painful! I hate it when the folks in charge expect us to make more with less... as a teacher, that happens to me all the time. They don’t seem to get that if they just gave us the right tools, we’d be able to do much better work - and in less time!!! Good luck!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Well I got to this thread a bit late, hope that’s alright lol.

Everybody’s drawings are great!!! Here’s my addition if that’s alright lol, I’ve sketched my beardies every now and then. Mostly portraits of my dragons. :D

Here’s one of Loki I did a while back:
View media item 60752
And a portrait of Phoenix I just finished tonight. First time trying to draw a beardie in color. I use Alcohol markers.
View media item 61000
loljelloclowdz":6chm0fcm said:
@mods can we have an art section on this forum?
I second that, that would be amaziiiiing!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom