Yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is she eating the yellow squash? That would be causing the runny stools-+- try some other veggies+ sweet potato raw shredded that will keep her regular but less runny- look at the nutrition website for more ideas on greens and other veggies to feed-
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am not sure about butternut but the yellow for sure --- lay off the yellow and see what her stool does
Karrie

HOLLAND11

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok today is the day the dubias (came earlier thank expected). I went with a bigger plastic tote, I have the bottom lined with paper towels. I also put some carrots in there and some fruit. I’m offering Dubia chow to see if they will eat it. Also I added egg cartons for hiding. Also will they mate in there and should I cover it with a blanket??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Do not cover the dubias w/ a blanket --- let it breath free --- you can look on the feeder board for more info on taking care of the dubia colony---- the tail looks ok I would need to have AHBD take a look for sure I dont want to give you wrong advice on that -- it doesnt look like its been nipped or pinched so it may just be shed coming on
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No tail rot would be black the tip would be brittle and dried out--- and if there was a infection you would see it moving up the tail --- tail rot can occur if the tail has been nipped or bit by a tank mate or pinched like in the door of the cage etc some sort of injury
Karrie

HOLLAND11

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well there is two scales that are damaged but those have been there for a while now and try to treat it but nothing works.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What have you been treating w/ ? Lamosil or betadine soak? Not sure if those can be repaired or not as long as its not causing pain or getting infected your good :)
Karrie

HOLLAND11

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I’ve tried betadine soaks and also I just pinched the bottom of her tail lightly and she pulled it away so that’s a good sign. She still has feeling there.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It would of been infected already- don't fret your good-- we use raw unpasteurized honey for infection but your does not look to be infected- the only thing we tell people is not to leave crickets in the tank cuz they will go straight to the honey -- w/ it having feeling in the tail it's not dead so let the shed do its thing
Karrie

HOLLAND11

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok I won’t worry I’ll just keep her clean with baths and those dubias are really good thanks for recommending that place none dead on arrival and came 3 days earlier will go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom