Learning How to Draw Beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
In my spare time, I like to doodle cartoons of animals - but until now, I've never tried a Beardie. This is my first attempt. I'm not really satisfied - particularly with the top of the head - but it's a start!

82801-6337905251.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's really good, you captured that little hint of a smile and the raggedy little beard. Also the eyes looking adoringly at a juicy bug. :) But really a nice job !

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2ry5qf06 said:
That's really good, you captured that little hint of a smile and the raggedy little beard. Also the eyes looking adoringly at a juicy bug. :) But really a nice job !

Thank you! I'll probably practice with some b/w line art for a bit... I was going for a sort of "if Disney drew a Beardie" vibe with this one.

saraho

Hatchling Member
I’ve been playing with drawing Charlie as my Children’s Library mascot.
108942-4337240215.jpg

Your drawing is great! I want something more cartoonish or kawaii, but I guess my drawing style is normally more realistic. A forum category for owner Art would definitely encourage me to keep trying!!

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Your Charlie picture is awesome! It’s got a children’s illustration vibe going on, which is perfect for a children’s library. Keep on drawing! :)

saraho

Hatchling Member
I like it! How did you draw it? I have always drawn on paper, but my coworker has a tablet that allows you to attach paper to it and you get both paper and digital. I should do my next Charlie drawing that way. Its frustrating to try to draw, scan and then attempt to edit my art since my work computer doesn't have the software I need for the job.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
saraho":2ioy4uy2 said:
I like it! How did you draw it? I have always drawn on paper, but my coworker has a tablet that allows you to attach paper to it and you get both paper and digital. I should do my next Charlie drawing that way. Its frustrating to try to draw, scan and then attempt to edit my art since my work computer doesn't have the software I need for the job.

Thanks! I do draw on paper sometimes, but lately I've been using my iPad and an app called SketchClub; it's not the fanciest or the most intuitive for serious artists (which I'm not) but it allows me to do layers, which is essential for the way I draw. And since I'm drawing using a stylus, it lets me adjust the line thickness manually... that's the cludgiest thing about drawing on an iPad, really; no pressure sensitivity. My sister-in-law, who trained to be a graphic designer, uses a tablet - but I erase so much that using one would be agony! :)

saraho

Hatchling Member
The ability to work with layers is a must! I am stuck with a program here at the library that doesn't offer true editing, there are layers but you can't go in and edit backgrounds or colors. Its a real drag when my boss asks me to work on advertising pieces and I have to make do with a lesser program.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
saraho":1tezxkfn said:
The ability to work with layers is a must! I am stuck with a program here at the library that doesn't offer true editing, there are layers but you can't go in and edit backgrounds or colors. Its a real drag when my boss asks me to work on advertising pieces and I have to make do with a lesser program.

Oh man, that must be downright painful! I hate it when the folks in charge expect us to make more with less... as a teacher, that happens to me all the time. They don’t seem to get that if they just gave us the right tools, we’d be able to do much better work - and in less time!!! Good luck!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Well I got to this thread a bit late, hope that’s alright lol.

Everybody’s drawings are great!!! Here’s my addition if that’s alright lol, I’ve sketched my beardies every now and then. Mostly portraits of my dragons. :D

Here’s one of Loki I did a while back:
View media item 60752
And a portrait of Phoenix I just finished tonight. First time trying to draw a beardie in color. I use Alcohol markers.
View media item 61000
loljelloclowdz":6chm0fcm said:
@mods can we have an art section on this forum?
I second that, that would be amaziiiiing!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom