Newly hatched help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sglass71276

This is our first clutch. Eggs are approximately 47 days old. One had a small pinhole today. Was leaking clear fluid from hole. Checked an hour later and egg is open, baby is still moving. Did some research here and cleaned the egg of Verm, wet a paper towel and put the baby on top of it with another wet one on top and put it back in the incubator. All other eggs show no sign of hatching. Is this normal? I didn’t think the egg would open so quickly. Don’t know if he can breathe. It looks like the sack is still at-least partially over his face. Any hope for this baby? Thanks in advance!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that is pretty early and the little thing does not have a good chance. Once in a great while a baby will start to hatch but be too weak to exit the egg and it dies. I have heard of 1-2 people VERY carefully slitting the egg open to assist but in most cases the baby that can't get out by itself does not survive. Is it still alive , any more movement ?

Sglass71276

Original Poster
The little guy (or gal) made it through the night! I just bought some reptiboost and got him to eat a tiny bit. He is moving when we rustle him. I’m cautiously optimistic. Anything else we should be doing? His yolk sac is already detached and the part attached to the dragon is dry.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So far so good then, they often don't eat for the first 2-4 days so don't worry about that. The baby probably is a bit more fragile than if it had incubated another week or so but yet it may do just fine. :) Offer a bit of hydration every day by lightly spraying him but do that earlier in the day so there's no chance of him being wet when the lights go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom