Basking light Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMP8438

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3tmigkii said:
That's not it--- I am using the same bulb in my two tanks and that is not the issue-- I am baffled as why he's doing that---- no colored bulbs just the 2 lights UVB and basking correct? Glad he's eating too- keep offering him his salads w/ the bsfl on top we want him eating some salad
Karrie
I only have one UVB bulb up at the moment, a zilla T8 18 inch but i am currently opening a zoomed reptisun T5 that came in the mail. Should I have two UVB lights set up?? Im going to have some trouble setting up this new reptisun because as you can see previously in the thread I have no clue where to put it. Maybe you could help? Heres some pics.
109058-7844181372.jpg
109058-6119895563.jpg
As you can see, I dont have a terrarium lid, it blocked out way to much of the UVB heat from making the basking spot hot enough. Is there anything I can do to hang the new hood the long way in the tank instead of putting it vertically like I have the zilla right now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How wide is the tank? Put it width wise-- by the basking light and have decor piece directly under it 12-15 inches --
you do not need two UVB's-
Karrie

KMP8438

Original Poster
KarrieRee":lx8bwu6z said:
How wide is the tank? Put it width wise-- by the basking light and have decor piece directly under it 12-15 inches --
you do not need two UVB's-
Karrie
109058-354348179.jpg
So here is what I got, I sawed off 1/4 of the metal top so that the basking light wouldn't be blocked, I command striped the UVB light to the top of the tank. Does the positioning of the UVB look alright?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The decor is easier to move than the UVB and now thats it positioned take the log piece of decor and set it directly under that UVB -- you want it 12-15 inches under it ---
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

OH so you have a Zilla T8 tube bulb? That is a high possibility the zilla light is causing some eye strain for
him. I would use just the Reptisun T5 alone along with the basking light you have now. Since you don't
have a screen top, you can place it at 12 or so inches, which will give him excellent coverage & UVB exposure.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

KMP8438

Original Poster
Drache613 said:
Hello,

OH so you have a Zilla T8 tube bulb? That is a high possibility the zilla light is causing some eye strain for
him. I would use just the Reptisun T5 alone along with the basking light you have now. Since you don't
have a screen top, you can place it at 12 or so inches, which will give him excellent coverage & UVB exposure.
How is he doing today?

I did have a zilla bulb in the fixture for a little while but then replaced it with a Reptisun T8. So I have a T5 covering the majority of the tank and a T8 on the side resting where he usually likes to bask. Could the zilla FITURE be causing the problem, not the bulb? He must just be a rather lethargic beardie. He's eating and seems perfectly health, aside for some stress marks on his belly. He still has his eyes closed the majority of the time and doesn't move much.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You dont need to UVB's -- keep the T 5 and take out the T 8 ----
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom