swollen toe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdspdx

105572-8406521724.jpg
105572-5934441527.jpg
105572-7806612877.jpg
Atarka's pinky on her left hand is swollen. I noticed it after she had a shed including this hand. I can see from a picture that it appears swollen before the shed. I'm not aware of any injury. My biggest fear would be gout.
105572-2898999565.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Does she have a hammock in the tank-- it could be stuck shed --
Karrie

jdspdx

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply Karrie, She does not have a hammock. She is less agile than our male. I try to keep her nails trimmed to avoid snagging. My first impression was stuck shed until I noticed the picture of her mid shed, which appears to show the swollen toe. It doesn't seem to bother her. Wondering if I should soak it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Its possible she has snagged it on something like the carpet and then pulled it - but you can try soaking it and see if there is shed there -- it looks like that foot is going to shed --- AHBD would have some remedies for that or TracieDrache613 -- shes the vet tech on here
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, you can dab i little betadine on it and just wait to see how it does. Hopefully it's not gout, be sure to keep her well hydrated, keep feeder insects to 2 X a week and feed lots of greens. You can be pro-active and get some tart cherry juice extract, it lowers uric acid levels and may be helpful.

jdspdx

Original Poster
AHBD, Thanks for the reply! Atarka is 2 years old. I will try to follow your dietary advice. Can you recommend a source for tart cherry juice extract? How does one feed it to the beardie? She is eating more greens this summer. But only outside.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome. :) Check your Walmart , nutrition centers or look online for liquid cherry extract or pure dark cherry juice. Use a syringe to drip it on her nose until she starts to drink, just a couple of ml's is probably good, mix it with water for extra hydration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom