UVB light making him stressed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Csanch

Hello, I am new to owning a bearded dragon. I’ve had him for a little over a month now. He eats great (roaches), poops about 2x a day. We got him a 40gallon Tank. The ones that has everything u might need. I now know that those light are not the best so I got him a Arcadia D3 12% UVB T5 Bulb - 22". But every time I turn it on he turns dark with stress marks on his belly/beard and will sometimes hide. When I turn it off and turn his coil UVB (the one the tank came with) he goes back to normal. Did I get the wrong one?

109082-8791679777.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No where in the tank is the D3 tube? Top of screen or inside the tank?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is your screen fine mesh-- or wide holed? Can you post a pic of your lighting? Do not use the coil- they are inadequate and will eventually cause all kinds of health issues-- go to the user image uploader at top of the page in the banner download then click on the XIMG at the top of the message box click on the picture it should post
Karrie

Csanch

Original Poster
KarrieRee":25d9173b said:
Is your screen fine mesh-- or wide holed? Can you post a pic of your lighting? Do not use the coil- they are inadequate and will eventually cause all kinds of health issues-- go to the user image uploader at top of the page in the banner download then click on the XIMG at the top of the message box click on the picture it should post
Karrie
Not sure if done correctly but I added a pic

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Did you get it downloaded? It will tell you successful or not- if it did click on XIMG at the top of message box then click on pic it should post
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The UVB needs to be directly over him inside the tank approx 12-15 inches for best effect of the rays - the screen is blocking out 30% of the rays -- you can use these to hang w/ it take the screen off
3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip ties-- fishing line-- shoe laces-- potted plant wire hangers--
Please do not use the coil they are no good--- you want that Arcadia bulb -- it is one of the best on the market
Karrie

Csanch

Original Poster
KarrieRee":yirsmtpo said:
The UVB needs to be directly over him inside the tank approx 12-15 inches for best effect of the rays - the screen is blocking out 30% of the rays -- you can use these to hang w/ it take the screen off
3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip ties-- fishing line-- shoe laces-- potted plant wire hangers--
Please do not use the coil they are no good--- you want that Arcadia bulb -- it is one of the best on the market
Karrie
Thanks. Yes, I usually put the UVB right next to the basking light. But he get all grey full of stress marks. I’ll try again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom