Beardie has disappearing lip

Status
Not open for further replies.

harveymama

Hello! I’m in desperate need of help as my friend’s beardie has a disappearing lip. It looks as though it is melting away each day. We aren’t sure if it could be from an infection or maybe impact damage, but his appetite is completely fine along with his temperature and humidity being adjusted just fine. We aren’t able to look inside of his mouth for possible rot as he is very sensitive about the area and, as I imagine, it’s quite sore. If anyone has any experience with or advice for this, it would be greatly appreciated.
109066-5793954302.jpg
109066-1072976310.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh poor thing, it looks like yellow fungus most likely.
How long has this been looking like that? What are you putting on it right now? I would get
some raw, unpasteurized honey, or manuka honey to put on that area to help out for now.
Can you get him to a vet at all, for them to get a skin culture to verify the fungus?
It is possible that it could be snout damage, but looks more infected & off color like yellow
fungus would appear. A skin culture would help!
If you are unable to find one, let me know. I can direct you to get him tested for fungus for a
very low cost.
I am glad to hear he has a good appetite though!

Tracie

harveymama

Original Poster
Drache613":20tv4snp said:
Hello,

Oh poor thing, it looks like yellow fungus most likely.
How long has this been looking like that? What are you putting on it right now? I would get
some raw, unpasteurized honey, or manuka honey to put on that area to help out for now.
Can you get him to a vet at all, for them to get a skin culture to verify the fungus?
It is possible that it could be snout damage, but looks more infected & off color like yellow
fungus would appear. A skin culture would help!
If you are unable to find one, let me know. I can direct you to get him tested for fungus for a
very low cost.
I am glad to hear he has a good appetite though!

Tracie

Thank you, Tracie! We have been putting raw, unpasteurized honey on his lip but it has looked this away for about 2-3 months. I suggested the honey and we have been using it for about 2 weeks now. We haven’t had any luck finding a vet for a bearded dragon, unfortunately :/

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, well I am glad to hear you are already using the raw honey on it. So, no changes at all for it so far?
I can PM you my email address if you would like to get him tested for yellow fungus, I can help you with
getting him tested for $21.
You could also consider a colloidal silver gel to help see if that would do anything the honey isn't doing.
Is he still eating?

Tracie

harveymama

Original Poster
Drache613":2bfolwv5 said:
Hello,

Ok, well I am glad to hear you are already using the raw honey on it. So, no changes at all for it so far?
I can PM you my email address if you would like to get him tested for yellow fungus, I can help you with
getting him tested for $21.
You could also consider a colloidal silver gel to help see if that would do anything the honey isn't doing.
Is he still eating?

Tracie

No changes at all really. Sometimes it looks as if it is getting better and other times it looks bad or worse. I sent you an email, thank you! He is still eating crickets and worms, but still struggling with biting off his greens

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor guy, it's hard to watch them get worse like that. I'm glad you are trying to help them out.
I will check email & get back with you from there, with regards to the testing.
Keep us posted on him!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom