swollen toe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdspdx

105572-8406521724.jpg
105572-5934441527.jpg
105572-7806612877.jpg
Atarka's pinky on her left hand is swollen. I noticed it after she had a shed including this hand. I can see from a picture that it appears swollen before the shed. I'm not aware of any injury. My biggest fear would be gout.
105572-2898999565.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Does she have a hammock in the tank-- it could be stuck shed --
Karrie

jdspdx

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply Karrie, She does not have a hammock. She is less agile than our male. I try to keep her nails trimmed to avoid snagging. My first impression was stuck shed until I noticed the picture of her mid shed, which appears to show the swollen toe. It doesn't seem to bother her. Wondering if I should soak it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Its possible she has snagged it on something like the carpet and then pulled it - but you can try soaking it and see if there is shed there -- it looks like that foot is going to shed --- AHBD would have some remedies for that or TracieDrache613 -- shes the vet tech on here
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, you can dab i little betadine on it and just wait to see how it does. Hopefully it's not gout, be sure to keep her well hydrated, keep feeder insects to 2 X a week and feed lots of greens. You can be pro-active and get some tart cherry juice extract, it lowers uric acid levels and may be helpful.

jdspdx

Original Poster
AHBD, Thanks for the reply! Atarka is 2 years old. I will try to follow your dietary advice. Can you recommend a source for tart cherry juice extract? How does one feed it to the beardie? She is eating more greens this summer. But only outside.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome. :) Check your Walmart , nutrition centers or look online for liquid cherry extract or pure dark cherry juice. Use a syringe to drip it on her nose until she starts to drink, just a couple of ml's is probably good, mix it with water for extra hydration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom