Changed beardies Viv... seems stressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JodeTL

Hi I got my beardie two weeks ago from a family (he’s a year and 5 months) and he settled in really well he was happy for me to handle him after a while and he would spend a lot of time out of his viv. I was struggling to get the right temperatures in his viv as the basking light was aimed directly to the middle and they also had two heat mats in the viv one on either side which I didn’t plug in as I know they’re not good for bearded dragons. Yesterday I cleaned out his viv completely and changed it around so that the basking spot was on the other side and the lamp was directly on his log which made the temperatures perfect. However, he now seems to be displaying signs of stress - he’s glass surfed a few time’s, bobbed his head and puffed his beard (which he didn’t do before at all) and he’s not as keen on being out of the viv.

Basically I’m worried I’ve completely upset his home and now he’s so unsettled that he’s not happy - Will he get used to it and settle down? Or should I try and change it so it’s similar to how it was before? I know the way I’ve done it is better temp wise now but will he settle?

Thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Nope leave as is -- he will get used to it -- NO heat mats --NO coil UVB's they are inadequate -- and NO colored bulbs please
Karrie

JodeTL

Original Poster
Ok thank you - I hope he settles soon! I removed both the heat matts he just has his UV and basking lights now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom