Introducing beardies to one another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkrugg9

I’ve got 2 beardies, one male and one female. They are both from the same breeder and have the same dad but different moms. The male is said to be 8 months old and the female 7 months old (they are 3 weeks apart) and I’ve had them both since they were both about 2 months old. I have never let them interact with each other, they have only seen each other by holding one in front of the cage of the other. Neither really did anything but did notice each other. My question is, how can I introduce them to one another in full contact without them either fighting or trying to mate (them having the same dad wouldn’t go so well with mating?)? Would love to be able to interact with both of them instead of one at a time.

Here’s my male Ziggy
107426-7383498228.jpg

Here’s my female Zeevah
107426-6321367472.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I would say you shouldn't breed them, since it would be a direct line, though not as bad as
if it were from the same clutches.
It is nice to be able to have them out at the same time to interact but they might try to mate
& they are fast. You would have to be holding one, while letting the other one roam around
on the floor, etc. You can always try letting them see each other through their tanks to see
how they react but many times, it stresses them out too much.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I agree I would not let them be w/ each other --- you dont want them breeding and yes they are lightening fast -- best to keep them apart
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sadly, it's best to keep them away from each other all the time. Some males in breeding mode will be highly stressed even just when they see another dragon and have the urge to mate but can't do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom