Lighting question, brand new owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColeDT11

Hello-
We built a 4x2x2 melamine enclosure after following a youtube DIY.
I just want to make sure the lighting is correct. We have a screen on only the part of the enclosure ceiling on the basking side, where we have a deep dome fixture with a 100w zoo med repti basking spot lamp resting on top of the screen.
Then we have a mirrored fixture with a 34” repti sun 10.0 t5 tube running diagonal on the inside of the solid part of the ceiling, next to the basking spot, running all the way to the “cool side”.
Also, I don’t know if this is related, but the cool side is pretty warm with the temp gun. Around 84-86 degrees.
My question is, should I move the tube light over so it is overlapping with the basking light, to then leave a bit of space on the “cool side” with no light at all?
I’m also not sure how to attach a photo, as I’m new to this forum and trying to navigate ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah I would probably move the UVB over as close to the basking light as you can. Leaving some areas with little to no UVB is a good idea. Gradients allow them to choose what they want at a given time (they don't always want UVB exposure). The temps are a little high but not terrible. Maybe increased ventilation/airflow would help. The UVB is not likely adding much heat to that end though so I'd see it as two separate issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom