Stool problem, health issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkrugg9

Hi there. I’ve got a question about my beardies stool. It’s seems to always have a lot of water in it, sometimes more than others. The poop itself is solid, but always watery on the floor. I’ve got 2 of them and they both get fed the same and my others stool seems fine. Is there any problems with her? She seems healthy, slow at growing. I got them from the same breeder and they are said to be 3 weeks apart, and my male is definitely outgrowing the female (females stool is my concern). She never has a problem eating bugs or greens, generally eats all of both. Any input is appreciated.
107426-4702547696.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Does the stool smell so bad it makes you want to leave the room? That would be a sign of parasites? Your UVB your using is it a tube or coil? How old is the UVB? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? All this relates to the poop thats why I am asking these questions- diet does it consist of a lot of water content veggies like squash or fruit like watermelon or cucumbers?
Karrie

Dkrugg9

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2kda3mvs said:
Does the stool smell so bad it makes you want to leave the room? That would be a sign of parasites? Your UVB your using is it a tube or coil? How old is the UVB? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? All this relates to the poop thats why I am asking these questions- diet does it consist of a lot of water content veggies like squash or fruit like watermelon or cucumbers?
Karrie

The stool is usually pretty bad smelling, but the dragons usually always smell bad? but yes, it’s smelly. It is a UVB tube, only a couple months old, not 6 months when it needs to be changed. They usually get the spring mix organic, no spinach. Basking temps are all normal. I’ve been worried about it being parasites. Are they treatable?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes I would call your vet if you have one if not here is a website to find one in your area
www.arav.org
Ask them if you can drop a fecal off for testing of parasites - some will do that w/ out having to take the dragon in --- see what comes back and then usually panacur I think is presribed most commonly -- you can then rule that out if that is not the case
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom