Dusting frequency when using BSFL as a staple

Status
Not open for further replies.

zampano

Photo Comp Winner
Hey all,

So I've had Anti on mostly BSFL for the last month and a half, and its been paying off. She loves them, and she's growing/shedding so fast I can hardly keep up.

For variety I sometimes mix in dubias, but around here its easier for me to grab some crickets or supers in a pinch. Still an average day for her is just the BSFL and some salad. Although I'm having such trouble getting them on time in the mail lately, so I'm needing to supplement maybe a little more than usual with cricks, supers, etc.

I know the general advice for BSFL is that they need no dusting really, if using as a staple feeder. So I haven't been really, and given how healthy and happy Anti seems I haven't felt like she's missing out on any vital nutrition.

I haven't had an exact feeding schedule of any kind. Let's say generally she gets just BSFL about 4-5 days a week. The other 2-3 days she gets a BSFL meal, but gets another meal or two of something else.

Given this approximate schedule, how much would y'all recommend I dust the other feeders (if at all)? I usually dust the crickets if I have them, not necessarily the worms. I've been kind of playing it by ear and that makes me a little nervous. She doesn't get anything dusted more than once a day if I'm doing this. I don't want to overdo it as I know that can be rough on beardies too.

If anyone has any tips, for both the calicium/D3 and the multivitamins, that'd be much appreciated as always!

Anti thanks you too )

108608-23270855.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't usually dust them with calcium. Good to dust the other bugs with calcium though. Just a light even coat. If she is eating salad regularly I wouldn't worry too much about the vitamins. If not, then dusting the BSFL in a good multivitamin once or twice a week might be a good idea.

zampano

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Thanks Coop!

She still doesn't eat as much salad as I'd like her too. Getting a little more accustomed to it by the week, but some days she doesn't touch it at all. So I'll try to keep incorporating a little bit of multivitamins a couple times a week, which I've been doing anyway.

Now off to Petco to find something that isn't dead to tide us over until our shipment arrives (BSFL & Dubias). Petco is the absolute worst ))

take care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom