Uvb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feezy18

I was wondering is it ok to use 2 uvb like a tube and a coil over basking spot? Or what about one Mercury vapor bulb and one uvb tube light?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No coil --- one long UVB tube a 24" fixture for a 40 + gallon tank w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb --- Mercury vapor bulbs are ok but we often recommend a tube one as well -- you only need one good bright white basking bulb no off colored and a UVB as they one I have mentioned
Karrie

Feezy18

Original Poster
I wish i could figure out on how to post a pic of my enclosure. I was told to get the t8 tube so that’s wat i got mounted inside my 40 Breeder. I’m just worried it’s too far from him. It doesn’t have a reflector or anything either.

Feezy18

Original Poster
Until i get the reflector would it be ok to put the coil uvb light above basking area with basking light also? That’s the bulb the pet shop suckered me into buyin lol

Feezy18

Original Poster
Well that reflector is sold out? If i was to go with a hood above screen wat do u recommend or just start over with uvb how would u recommend doin it?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No coils get your uvb directly above him 6-8 inches-- take him outside for some UVB that will help - 15 minutes or sitting on you I recommend a plastic tote NO GLASS-- do not leave him unattended- place him in direct sunlight partial shade -- No longer than 15 minutes in the tote you don't want to burn him up-- do this till the reflector comes if you need help w/ things to hang I can post some for you-- I hate to have you buy another hood- depending on the screen if it's a wide holed you can put it on top but if your screen is a fine mesh-- like a screen door it will need to go in the tank as well but distance will be different can you call Arcadia and find out how long before they have those reflectors-back in stock- I can send you to another website for another hood
Let me know what you decide
Karrie

Feezy18

Original Poster
With it being a screen top that slides on and off the tararium I’m not sure how i can get it above him and still be able to get in and out of it. I may have to go the hood route.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Can you take half the screen off? Leave the basking area unobstructed- the screen blocks 30% of the Ray's T 8's are not strong enough and T 5's can be put on top but it depends on the screen itself
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes the T 8's need to be replaced every 6 months and the T 5 once a year- it's good to change them out about a month before- and yes the 22" will fit the 24" hood-- distance in the tank for a T 5 inside tank is 12-15 inches-- you can cut a hole for the UVB and have it on top same distance you want the basking decor directly underneath--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom