Beardie not interested in food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumoraes

Hi there...my bearded dragon is only eating the bare minimum. He used to love his salad (although only greens), locusts and wax worms. Never really touched anything else. Now, he eats a couple of bits of salad and maybe one or two locusts. He also hasn’t shedded in months..apart from one of his legs...he is about 1year old now. He also doesn’t seem to have grown much for the past three months. Perhaps, to be expected, he’s only pooping once a week and the urine part of it feels really hard.

His tank set up is the same as always and he used to eat fine. His uv light was replaced only a few weeks ago and I take him outside often for natural sunlight at the moment. I’ve been giving him a bath most days. He still seems pretty inquisitive. He doesn’t look underweight (yet) and doesn’t seem to have signs of dehydration on his skin or fat pad. His beard is light coloured for the majority of the time.

In conclusion, other than refusing food, not shedding he seems well and I’m very puzzled! I’m considering feeding him with a syringe.

Any thoughts, please?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Basking temps and how are you taking them? UVB is a tube or coil?
Karrie

Jumoraes

Original Poster
107270-7663829564.jpg
107270-6866668220.jpg
107270-987768802.jpg
The temperature is measured by a digital thermometer. It’s kept between 31 and 32 degrees centigrade. My uvb is a bulb. He always lived in these conditions and, until a few weeks ago, he was doing well.. I’ll send a picture of him shortly..

Thank you

Juliana

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
My uvb is a bulb-----this makes all the difference and dragons hide their illness till they can no longer --- masters of disguise ---- I need to know what this UVB is? Where in the tank is and how old is it ? Brand and bulb please tube or coil? Your basking temps need to be 95-110 for a adult dragon --- and they need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- if your using colored bulbs please get rid of it you need a bright white basking bulb --- if your using a UVB tube w/ no reflector on the fixture I recommend you get one --- UVB rays need to be directed downward to the dragon --- other wise they are basically doing no good w/ out it ---please get these things fixed if your not using any of these things I have recommended your dragon is getting sicker -- and will not eat w/ out proper lighting and basking temps
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok an exoterra????? Is the a all in one bulb or just a basking bulb????????? If it is just a basking bulb you need a UVB they will not survive w/ out a UVB I am going to post what they look like and you need to get this ASAP -- are you in the states?
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/wholesale-reptile-hoods-domes-fixtures/1884-reptisun-terrarium-hood-t5-24-zoo-med.html and this bulb
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/t5-uvb-bulbs/1878-reptisun-100-uvb-t5-ho-fluorescent-bulb-22-zoo-med.html
NO stick ons for basking temps they are inaccurate you need this
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/wholesale-reptile-thermometers-hygrometers/657-digital-thermometer-zoo-med.html
He wont eat till these things are fixed -- please let me know what you get so we can help you get it properly placed for that tank
Karrie

Jumoraes

Original Poster
I do have a uvb light bulb and a digital thermostat...although there are also some stick on thermometers too. I can’t buy the tube light that you recommend because the tank doesn’t have fixings for it. And I’m not in the States.

I’m considering getting another tank as I think this is the only way the issue will be resolved.

Thank you for your advice though.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You can get that in the tank or on it--- you can cut the screen out to fit the UVB on top just have it open where the UVB would sit - tanks do not come premade for UVB's-- you need this ASAP--- in the meantime get him out in the sun either sitting on you or in a plastic tote No GLASS-- 15 minutes in direct sunlight partial shade 15 minutes in the tote no longer you don't want to burn him up supervise him if he's on you for as long as you can stand the heat--
Do this everyday till you get the UVB
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom