As Fate Would Have it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
So as fate would have it I got a call from the reptile store that they got a rescue in and I should come and see him. I did. They told me he’s a bit of a project as he’s very defensive right now. Does not like to be handled a lot and is antsy around people. They were not sure if he was neglected or just never handled but we’re going to go at his pace. So without further todo I give you Volcano.
107595-1573658702.jpg
107595-5521602048.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome Volcano --- I hope he doesnt erupt on you :lol:
Did you get back ground on him? How old is he? Hes gonna take time and patience - learning to trust
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Big healthy looking guy ! You can start picking him up in a couple days or a week, no need to wait. Just scoop him up + hold him to your chest gently but firmly. At first just sit with him but after a week or so walk slowly to other rooms , always holding him firmly to your chest. After a while let him sit on your lap in a small room . After that you can just go from there.

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1nmdchv4 said:
Welcome Volcano --- I hope he doesnt erupt on you :lol:
Did you get back ground on him? How old is he? Hes gonna take time and patience - learning to trust
Karrie
Yes no eruptions lol.
They didn’t have a lot of background on him. The original owner passed away and animal control took him out of the house and brought him to the reptile shop. They had a vet do a full check on him and he’s completely healthy. Not sure about his age but the vet guessed around 14-15 months old. I still plan on having my vet do a checkup on him in a few weeks.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sad how long had he been in the house before he was taken out? Poor dude probably didn't know what was going on-- well he will be in good hands now-- lots of love and attention and care does wonders for an animal/ reptile :)
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Welcome Volcano! Good to be known at your local reptile shop it seems.
He has that nice bright orange on his head!

saraho

Hatchling Member
He's a handsome fellow! I'm glad he has found a home with a new owner. I'm new to beardies but I'm a life-long cat lover and it always breaks my heart to see one in a shelter because the elderly owner passed away. I hope to see more updates on Volcano!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Volcano looks really great, congratulations! I am sure you will really enjoy having her,
too. :D

Tracie

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys. Even if he never gets comfortable with me handling him if I can just make his life better than what it was I'll be okay with that. He has been letting me pet him but I got a little greedy this morning and tried just picking him up and putting him in front of his salad but he wasn't a fan of that and this was the result lol
107595-6682176525.jpg

Give him time and he warm.up to u I'm handling 3 baby beardies my self and one of them dosnt like to be handled much just take ur time and give him the best care u can and he love u for that

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Progressing. He was tail whipping like mad when I picked him up but he climbed up to my shoulder and then chilled.
107595-9559570350.jpg
. Bad pic but it was a tough angle lol. I’m so glad people passed on this little guy. I feel like we were meant to be together. More updates to follow.

Cazz

He's good looking. He'll give you guff when hi try to handle. Be deliberate. He'll come around.

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We hit a new milestone last night. Picked him up and no kicking or tail whipping. Sat on my shoulder all night watching TV. And the big surprise was my Mom dropped by to borrow my video camera and he actually climbed from my shoulder over onto my Mom when she went to pet him and chilled there. I hope this means he is getting comfortable with humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom