Stop leaving your bearded dragons unattended outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I thought I should just announce this so people stop losing their pets: DO NOT LEAVE YOUR BEARDIE ALONE OUTSIDE FOR ANY REASON EVER. Get a harness and make sure that when your bearded dragon is on that harness, at least one of your hands is on the other end of the rope.

Lizards are REALLY FAST, you’ll never be able to catch up to them if they ran their typical Sonic the hedgehog speed straight into traffic or into a sewer drain or somewhere you won’t be able to reach in and pull them out of. Your scaly hawk snacks need you to keep them out of harm’s way.

Thanks for listening to my TedTalk.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, that is a great suggestion. Too many accidents happen like you said since they are so
fast & will run off in no time if something scared him!
It is always a good idea to have your dragon secured.

Tracie

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Even if I'm holding him when I go outside I have a harness/leash on him. They can go from zero to holy cow in under a second.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I wouldn’t even leave my dragon unattended outside even if he’s in his storage bin that I use to get him natural UV - too many risks of a hawk or predator getting at him!

gwi11iams

Jello,

I think your post is terrific and well-intentioned. I had to learn things the hard way and it could have cost my Mr. Pink his life. Weeks ago, Mr. Pink jumped off my shirt on a Sonoran desert walk and I found out just how fast he is. I was very lucky to catch him and his butt does not go outside anymore without his harness, period. You said it and I will say it again, Beardies can haul ass when they want to.

~Gregory Williams

SunnyFury

I let my two month old wander around on the floor in my house (I'm right there next to him) and I cant believe how fast he is. Like one second he's there and the next he is GONE ? I'm never taking him outside without a harness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom