Car Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my new six month old beardie, Oliver, and I are going on a 5 and a half hour car trip next week because he is coming with me to college. Does anyone have advice or tips for how to make the trip/move more pleasant and less stressful for him?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would get a small pet carrier and put him in that --- make sure you have lots of clean up stuff for accidents in the car -- you can make 15 minute or so breaks and put him in the sunlight to get some UVB and warm him up -- other than that he should be fine -- you can find some carriers on line for pretty reasonable --- amazon.com -- search small pet carriers and go from there -- I got mine for like $25 and use it to take Blaze to the vet --- I paid more for Hiccups at Petco and they are basically the same -- https://www.amazon.com/Henkelion-Carrier-Approved-Carriers-Collapsible/dp/B07JZ31KX9/ref=sr_1_3?crid=280H2XGZD09QB&dchild=1&keywords=small+pet+carrier&qid=1597085678&sprefix=small+petc%2Caps%2C174&sr=8-3
Karrie

kjworley19

Original Poster
I have a carrier cage from when I used to have a ferret so I can use that. Would it be better for the cage to be dark or open-air?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would get one like I posted-- he's gonna want to see out--- they love looking out windows--We have taken our dragon into Taco Johns and Culvers to eat - we leave them in the carrier and set him on the table and he watches everything going on in the restaurant
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Having a carrier does help a lot. The one I have clips onto a seat belt to keep it in place. It is also helpful to have a spare set of small towels for inside the carrier and cleaning supplies (paper towels, vinegar, F10, plastic bags for waste etc) on hand and easy to reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom