Yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Why shouldnt you be getting crickets from the pet store? They are probably more money but I would look at getting him some dubia roaches or silk worms --- I would get the 1/2 inch and if hes eating more try one of the 3/4 and see how he does -- I havent fed crickets for like for ever so if you need websites to get them from let me know I will post a bunch for you and then you can shop for them
Karrie

HOLLAND11

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok so you just feed Dubai’s? I just heard that pet stores get their crickets in bulb from places where they are more likely to contract a disease.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Not sure about that one but I feed dubias and silk worms for staple feeders - I also feed super worms horn worms and butter worms as treats added to the salads ---
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I really dont try to breed them but since I have a good stock they tend to breed - I get them from mainly here www.dubiaroaches.com along w/ horn worms and super worms -- these people are really good but the mail has tended to slow everyone down - they are out of Kansas
another good place is here www.reptilaianarts.com they are pretty fast as well they have nice silk worms I would order bulk like 50 they come small and make sure you order food - you will need to feed them once a day and clean containers out --- the dubias if you order a large amount I would get the 3/4 inch you will need like a 10 gallon aquarium or plastic tote feed them dubia food and carrots for hydration - when I order I usually order 200 and alternate between the silk worms and roaches - I also feed super worms like 1-3 / per day and add 1-2 horn worms when I have them --- only order horn worms in small amounts they grow very fast --
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Just read through the thread real quick but I wanted to point something out.

I think karrie might've mistyped earlier or you misunderstood her but you need to remove the clear plastic covering on your uvb bulb. It looks like I can see it in the picture you posted.
The plastic will block the uv, making it basically useless.

-Brandon

HOLLAND11

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello so I’m buying Dubai’s from that website. They are out of super worms?. Could I store the Dubai’s (we are buying in a low amount) in a cricket pen it is large and plastic. Let me know I with put a egg carton in there and some of there diet as well as veggies and water. Does this sound fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom