Poop issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
My beardie has had soft/mushy poops for the last week. He hasn’t been going more than he used to, but it has definitely gotten softer. The stool itself looks like a normal color, and the urates seem like a normal color too, not tinged orange or yellow. He has plenty of excess water surrounding it. It doesn’t smell worse than usual, either. Its not really diarrhea, but it has gotten softer. Nothing has changed about his surroundings or diet, which is what confuses me. He doesnt seem to be stressed. He’s still very active and eats. He looks very healthy, and he isn’t showing any signs of discomfort or stress. I’ll definitely keep an eye on him and make sure nothing changes about his behavior. I’ll give him electrolyte/water baths to help make sure he’s keeping hydrated if he continues to have this, but these may just be random, soft poops. Any help is appreciated!

Husbandry:
40 G viv with mesh screen top
Tile flooring
Plenty of warm/cool hides
T5 10.0 uvb tube with fixture (About 8 months since bought; replacing in a couple of months)
Basking spot between 95-98 F (he’s a year old)
Cool side around 85 F
Diet:
Veggies- fresh bowl each morning; endive, mustard greens, collard greens, kale, squash, bell peppers occasional, other occasional fruits/veggies, (gets changed up often)
Insects: one feeding of Dubias/BSFL daily (other feeders offered often); when bsfl aren’t fed, I dust dubias with calcium w/o vit d3 or multivitamins

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Most likely just too much hydration based on their being liquid surrounding his stools.

Bell pepper and squash are very hydrating. I'd only offer one or the other each day. And maybe cut back on them a bit until the stool forms up a bit again.

-Brandon

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok! I’ll cut back on the squash and peppers and just give him his leafy veggies to see if that helps. I was told that squash was a good staple feeder, but I can see how it would affect his stools like that. The bell peppers I only give once or twice a week, and never when I give him squash, but I’ll see if cutting back on both of those help! Thank you so much. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom