Stop leaving your bearded dragons unattended outside

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Stop leaving your bearded dragons unattended outside

Postby loljelloclowdz » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:53 pm

I thought I should just announce this so people stop losing their pets: DO NOT LEAVE YOUR BEARDIE ALONE OUTSIDE FOR ANY REASON EVER. Get a harness and make sure that when your bearded dragon is on that harness, at least one of your hands is on the other end of the rope.

Lizards are REALLY FAST, you’ll never be able to catch up to them if they ran their typical Sonic the hedgehog speed straight into traffic or into a sewer drain or somewhere you won’t be able to reach in and pull them out of. Your scaly hawk snacks need you to keep them out of harm’s way.

Thanks for listening to my TedTalk.
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Stop leaving your bearded dragons unattended outside

Postby Drache613 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:32 pm

Hello,

Yes, that is a great suggestion. Too many accidents happen like you said since they are so
fast & will run off in no time if something scared him!
It is always a good idea to have your dragon secured.

Tracie
Drache613

Postby Shaun78 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:52 am

Even if I'm holding him when I go outside I have a harness/leash on him. They can go from zero to holy cow in under a second.
Shaun78
Hatchling Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:13 pm

They are very quick when they need/want to be. It's good to keep a close eye on them when outside. I've found these foldable zip up enclosures work really well for time outside in the yard (and travel) https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SFA8KBS/
CooperDragon

Postby ComicBookMama » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:39 am

I wouldn’t even leave my dragon unattended outside even if he’s in his storage bin that I use to get him natural UV - too many risks of a hawk or predator getting at him!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
1.0 Bearded Dragons - Figment
1.0 dogs - Ariel
1.0 cats - Skimble
1.0 husband
1.0 son
ComicBookMama
Juvie Poster

Postby gwi11iams » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:48 am

Jello,

I think your post is terrific and well-intentioned. I had to learn things the hard way and it could have cost my Mr. Pink his life. Weeks ago, Mr. Pink jumped off my shirt on a Sonoran desert walk and I found out just how fast he is. I was very lucky to catch him and his butt does not go outside anymore without his harness, period. You said it and I will say it again, Beardies can haul ***** when they want to.

~Gregory Williams
gwi11iams
Newbie Poster

Postby SunnyFury » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:11 pm

I let my two month old wander around on the floor in my house (I'm right there next to him) and I cant believe how fast he is. Like one second he's there and the next he is GONE 😂 I'm never taking him outside without a harness.
SunnyFury
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion