HELP BEARDIE RAN AWAY OUTSIDE!!!

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Re: HELP BEARDIE RAN AWAY OUTSIDE!!!

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:08 am

You can try the police but I am thinking they wont--- they arent going to consider a dragon life or death - but I would look for someone who has a dog that could help out w/ finding him- I would start w/ your local rescue centers and ask there - they might know of someone who could help out
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby rexkipling » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:15 am

KarrieRee wrote:You can try the police but I am thinking they wont--- they arent going to consider a dragon life or death - but I would look for someone who has a dog that could help out w/ finding him- I would start w/ your local rescue centers and ask there - they might know of someone who could help out
Karrie

Okay will try to ask around and see! Thank you for the suggestions everyone😭
rexkipling
Newbie Poster

Postby gwi11iams » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:16 am

In Tucson, the police department would not send out a K-9 unit for something like this. That DOES NOT mean that an off-duty police officer would not be able to help you out using his/her K-9 unit. If it was Mr. Pink that was missing, and I was getting desperate, I would use tucson.craigslist.org to find such an officer.

~Gregory Williams
gwi11iams
Newbie Poster

Postby rexkipling » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:17 pm

UPDATE; REX WAS FOUND TODAY!! The flyers helped!! Someone spotted him crossing the street at the front of my neighborhood, which is a LONG way from where I live. I just wonder what he was doing during that thunderstorm last night (lasted for an hour), most likely covered somewhere in someone’s backyard! And he must have had some adventure because when he got back into his tank after some food and a bath, he fell right to sleep😭❤️ I feel so whole again! Thank you everyone for suggestions and your prayers, he will definitely be wearing a leash now, regardless if he likes it or not😂❤️[Click image to enlarge]
rexkipling
Newbie Poster

Postby gwi11iams » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:20 pm

Yay, for Rex. I am very happy for both of you! Now it is time to have that talk with Rex about wearing his leash. :D

~Gregory Williams
gwi11iams
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:28 pm

That's great news !! I'm really happy for you + Rex , I know that you are so relieved. :)
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:38 pm

So glad you found him poor dude he had an adventure- :)
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby saraho » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:39 am

I've been hoping for a post telling us he was safe and sound!! I'm so happy for you both.
“Let me tell you: the only way to get rid of dragons is to have one of your own.”
― Evgeny Shvarts,
saraho
Hatchling Poster

Postby Cazz » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:29 pm

Glad to see you got him back safely. I'm also glad That you're going to consider using a leash moving forward.?
Cazz
Newbie Poster

Postby loljelloclowdz » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:03 pm

gwi11iams wrote:Mr. Pink is not even four months old yet. That said, he still does not like his leash and he will puff up when I try to put it on. Mr. Pink certainly tells me when he doesn't like something but all I say is, "I take care of you and you ARE going to wear your leash when we are walking in the desert." Everyone has already said it, but follow the heat. Rex will find the warm spots and I suspect he will not travel far.

~Gregory Williams

It took me about 2 weeks of holding Mari still and putting her harness on and off when she was 4 months old for her to finally stop squirming and allow me to put her harness on. Now she just sits and lets me slip it on her, lol. (Shes 8 months old.)
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Hatchling Poster

Postby Shaun78 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:12 am

I'm so glad everything worked out and you have your buddy back.
Shaun78
Hatchling Poster

Postby Drache613 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:15 pm

Hello,

That is great you found Rex! Amazing, at least he was safe & sound. I'm sure that he is
happy to be back home with you though. :D

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to General Discussion