Bearded Dragon Sleeping on Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rvm1996

Hello,

I came home from work tonight to find my bearded dragon laying on her back, belly side up. When I came in the room she opened her eyes and I put her back on her belly.

Last week she got checked out for a large mass on her leg. We are waiting to find out from biopsy what it is.

She is eating normal and pooping normal.

Why would she do this?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Dragons cannot breath on their backs- is it possible she fell off something and ended up that way? Has she ever done this before?
Karrie

Rvm1996

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3sj2nvtf said:
Dragons cannot breath on their backs- is it possible she fell off something and ended up that way? Has she ever done this before?
Karrie

Part of me wonders if she fell backwards and just could not roll back over. She was sleeping and immediately woke up when I came in to check on her. She has never done that before. But with her back leg being a bit out of commission due to the mass on her leg, she may have not been able to move.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would lower her basking decor closer to the floor of the tank so she can't fall off or over since she has a bum leg- her in that position is not good - some others on here might have some ideas as well--
Karrie

Rvm1996

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1tab9xa9 said:
I would lower her basking decor closer to the floor of the tank so she can't fall off or over since she has a bum leg- her in that position is not good - some others on here might have some ideas as well--
Karrie

We have a very short hide that she is currently laying on. We currently do not have anything tall in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom