Coral hurt her leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Today's update her front leg seems to be doing definitely better but she doesn't seem to be moving around as good as she was in general I don't know if she's just hurting and is trying to take it easy.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Could be shes sore --- I would keep a watch on her and see if it continues to improve if it doesnt then maybe a vet visit would be in order
Do you have a vet?
Karrie

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We would have to take her to the emergency room or take her up to my old work I was pretty good friends with are veterinarian staff my regular veterinarian is completely booked until January. But we do have a decent emergency Care area

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Does she have a black beard going? If not she is not in any pain or distress--- keep an eye on that as well -- if she starts to black beard then its going to be one or the other and my guess its gonna be pain- but if shes not black bearding by now then she should be ok -- but keep an eye on her and any funky behavior
Karrie

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Need some plants in there otherwise the soil becomes toxic withing a few months to a year they further breakdown waste and fungi . Do you have a clean up crew present ?Is this a hand made mix you put together If so what did you use ? Not all things are exactly safe even if it is said to be . Defiently need plants and I'd get her away from the window

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes there is quite plenty of clean up crew in there I see them all the time in there plans are not needed they are a nice thing that only completes the cycleI have six other tanks that are complete bioactive setups and none of them ever have a single bit of problem. I did work in a zoo for a long time so I know how to keep them clean. Also here is an update on Coral she is back to running around at full speed. I figure she just landed on it wrong.

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes thanks for all the help I have three bearded dragons counting her but I will admit I've only had him for a couple years they still surprise me I have work with monitor lizards for majority of my life so I thought these guys would be easy by comparison some ways they are. My goal is to become an expert on them just as I am on my monitors and everybody on this website is basically my cheat sheet for beardies LOL.

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
williamk34":kef55e4d said:
Yes thanks for all the help I have three bearded dragons counting her but I will admit I've only had him for a couple years they still surprise me I have work with monitor lizards for majority of my life so I thought these guys would be easy by comparison some ways they are. My goal is to become an expert on them just as I am on my monitors and everybody on this website is basically my cheat sheet for beardies LOL.
Not fully bio without plants in fact substrate will become toxic and all your cleaners will die within a year without Plants. Its no Bio clean without plants completing the breakdown fully and CUC won't clean urates you need a microbial supplement like Bioshot made by Biodude to break down urates. after 6 months of having bioshot active you can add BioVive in but only can add BioVive in after 6months of Bioshot, Biovive is too strong for a new bioactive system

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Since this is an ER thread about Coral's leg, please keep the discussion focused on that topic. Constructive discussion about environmental and bioactive substrate options is welcomed, but should be continued in a new thread in the Advanced Discussion - Lighting/Enclosures section.

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So here is the final update I have been observing Coral just to make sure that she doesn't start acting weird again she is perfectly normal back to her usual Happy try to bite my finger off self.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Excellent ! Glad to hear it. These usually are just sprains or strains that they recover from on their own like this. Of course you'll keep an eye on it but it's most likely all good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom