Bearded dragon has yellow blister Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, looks like a male. Can you take a pic with tail arched like that w/out the flashlight ?

Alyshaci

Original Poster
108816-3883121186.jpg
And I'm pretty sure this is a sperm plug he has had loads come out recently which also why I was pretty sure he was a male

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah that's 100 % a male. It really alarms me when a vet that is taking your good money does not know how to sex a bearded dragon. I then question everything they say. You don't even need the Lactulose , any beardie that's constipated can be helped with natural laxatives such as any of the following baby foods : squash, sweet potatoes, prunes or with canned pumpkin as well as extra hydration.

Alyshaci

Original Poster
It alarms me to! they have made me feel so stupid the past few weeks, after me telling them I didn't think he had yellow fungus and them telling me he did because the owner said so, one of the vets agreed with me that it didn't look like yellow fungus. The owner is also the one who said he was A female, however when falkor was little, one of the other vets said he was male. We already have to travel an hour away to get to this vets there are no other reptile vets near us.
How much baby food does he need a day to help him pass it? And how long should I be giving it to him and should he have soild food? He hasn't eaten by himself in over a week now ? I've given him some omnigold today which he did eat but only when I wiped it across his lips.

Alyshaci

Original Poster
108816-9216421819.jpg
I've got these at the moment will they be okay and Can having to much prunes be bad for them? Sorry for all the questions

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah , it's a drag to have this happen but on ONE good note you definitely don't have to worry about egg binding ! O.K. good baby food you have there, it can be given as much as a teaspoon if he wants, even a little more. He may not have an appetite after the meds. but just give it time, he will eventually eat again. I've had moody dragons go through phases like that and it should pass. :) BTW the Lactulose will do the trick so you can use it now that you have it.

Alyshaci

Original Poster
I know I've never wanted female reptiles because of egg binding and even laying eggs it just worries me, but 4 out of 6 of my reptile are female (pain in the butt's) ?
I've got enough lactose for 8 days hopefully he is cleared out by then, I really don't know why he's getting so Constipated the food is the right size for him.
He's honistly moody all the time ever since he was little he's never really moved much he jsut stays in the same place all day I think it's just the way he is, usually once a week he will move about outside the tank but thats it. He doesn't even put himself to bask in the morning I've left him for about 5 hours before and he will not move. About 4 months ago he was doing really well and moving and running around everyday but then he went back like this, I not sure if he's just been having problem with constipation this whole time. He moves around alot more when he's had a poop and look better, finger crossed he will get back to that soon I just hate to see him like this.
I really want to thank you all for helping us both you've been alot more help than the vets ☺️

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You might try getting him out if the tank more to run around that would help w/ the bowel movements
Karrie

Alyshaci

Original Poster
I get him out about 3 times a day and try and get him to move about but usually he just stands there and give me evil looks I usually leave him for about 15 minutes and if he hasn't moved I put him back and if he is moving I put him back when he finished. I've even tried to get him to move about in the bath because I've heared that helps but he usually just does nothing it all just depends on his mood that day.

Alyshaci

Original Poster
I think aswell he's not moving because it's hurting him or really uncomfortable, he actually made a squeaking noise today when I picked him up so I think his belly is a bit tender. He did have a poo yesterday but nothing today.

Alyshaci

Original Poster
Falkor has had another poop it was quite runny and mucusy. He still not eating but has been moving around alot outside of his tank which is great for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom