baby beardie sees it’s reflection , what do I do ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinityy

I have covered the back and two sides of my bearded dragon’s tank so that it can’t see it’s reflection because I know that it stresses them out and can cause them to attack the glass. but , my beardie sees it’s reflection in the FRONT side of the tank , and I can’t block the front off with a background or else I would never be able to see inside of the tank ?? what am I supposed to do ??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Let him get used to it ---- thats all you can do unless someone else has ideas--- you have done all you can for now-- hes going thru relocation stress --- what size tank is he in? And does the sun shine on that tank causing reflection?
Karrie

trinityy

Original Poster
he’s in a 20 gallon tank and the sun actually does shine near the front of the tank. should I move the lamp and the basking hide to a different spot / farther back in the tank so that the light isn’t shining on the front of the tank ?

trinityy

Original Poster
he’s in a 20 gallon tank and the sun actually does shine near the front of the tank. should I move the lamp and the basking hide to a different spot / farther back in the tank so that the light isn’t shining on the front of the tank ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hes not going to be in that 20 gallon long I hope your looking for a new tank---- I would move the tank or cover the window that the sun is shining in on -- see if that doesnt get rid of the reflection-- leave your basking lights where they are - it is very hard to get basking temps in a small tank and if you have them to where they need to be dont mess w/ them
Karrie

trinityy

Original Poster
yes , I’m still searching for a 40 gallon tank. I was planning to buy a 40 gallon even when mango was only barely 2 months old , but all pet stores near me were sold out so I had to settle for a 20 gallon, so now I’m waiting until mango gets a bit bigger so that I can buy a 40 gallon. Also , how old should mango be before I upgrade her tank ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Start looking on FB marketplace or Craigslist look for one w/ front doors and I would look for the biggest you can like 75-120 gallon-- if you find one make sure you sanitize it real good w/ zoo med Wipeout or F10--- it's a vet disinfectant you can find that on eBay
Karrie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
trinityy":227cj1f2 said:
I have covered the back and two sides of my bearded dragon’s tank so that it can’t see it’s reflection because I know that it stresses them out and can cause them to attack the glass. but , my beardie sees it’s reflection in the FRONT side of the tank , and I can’t block the front off with a background or else I would never be able to see inside of the tank ?? what am I supposed to do ??

It appears you have a 100% weirdo, best you can do is smear some Vaseline on YOUR side of the glass so they can’t lick it.

trinityy

Original Poster
haha yeah my beardie is quite strange , but recently I’ve been putting my hand near mango and giving him a bit of food whenever he gets stressed about his reflection in the front side of the glass and he calms down , but thank you for the tip ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom