Coffee and Beardies?!

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Coffee and Beardies?!

Postby reiddragons » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:17 pm

Ok so here goes: A splash of coffee fell out of my mug and may have touched the feeder insects I intend to give to my beardie. I looked over the container, it doesn't look like any coffee actually got in (just splashed the ground near it). Would the crickets die first or would feeding them (if they potentially got some coffee in them) harm my beardie?
reiddragons
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Coffee and Beardies?!

Postby Cazz » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:31 pm

My unprofessional opinion would lean towards they should be fine. If you're really concerned, feed the crickets their regular gut load diet for a day or two and you'll be safer than sorry.
Cazz
Newbie Poster

Postby loljelloclowdz » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:58 pm

Your beardie will suddenly become very productive and be able to whip out those reports left and right before finally crashing on their basking rock for a nap.

No I’m kidding, a secondhand splash of coffee won’t do anything. The cricket might start feeling super motivated, but your coffee connoisseur lizard is fine.
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Hatchling Poster

Postby Drache613 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Hello,

I agree, he will likely be extremely active & want to run around like crazy. LOL
He will be perfectly fine though.

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion