HELP BEARDIE RAN AWAY OUTSIDE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexkipling

Original Poster
UPDATE:
Still no signs of Rex, it didn’t rain today so far, and it’s sunny now. So I will definitely go back around my forest and the neighbors backyards to look for him. I also sent out a flyer to my HOA, who can then send it to everyone in my neighborhood. Hopefully, he turns up soon! Trying to stay positive.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If you don't find him hopefully one of the neighbors will
Karrie

rexkipling

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2fgt1hck said:
If you don't find him hopefully one of the neighbors will
Karrie
Went through the WHOLE forest with a friend, and nothing. I‘m praying one of my neighbors finds him and brings him home to me??

gwi11iams

That is a nightmare and I feel your anguish. Several weeks ago my (then) little Mr. Pink jumped off my shirt and ran at full speed through the desert. I was absolutely horrified because the Sonoran Desert, in Tucson, AZ., is a deadly place. I was lucky enough to catch Mr. Pink but he is always on a beardie leash now when we go walking in the desert.

~Gregory Williams

rexkipling

Original Poster
gwi11iams":287rkrkx said:
That is a nightmare and I feel your anguish. Several weeks ago my (then) little Mr. Pink jumped off my shirt and ran at full speed through the desert. I was absolutely horrified because the Sonoran Desert, in Tucson, AZ., is a deadly place. I was lucky enough to catch Mr. Pink but he is always on a beardie leash now when we go walking in the desert.

~Gregory Williams
So scary! Your Arizona desert beats my Georgia forest. So hard to find him in there, and now I’m hearing thunder, I hope he’s okay ): Rex actually had a leash but everytime I put it on he would puff up at me, as if he hates it. Since then (March) he’s been just chilling without it with no problem until yesterday. I miss him so much.

gwi11iams

Mr. Pink is not even four months old yet. That said, he still does not like his leash and he will puff up when I try to put it on. Mr. Pink certainly tells me when he doesn't like something but all I say is, "I take care of you and you ARE going to wear your leash when we are walking in the desert." Everyone has already said it, but follow the heat. Rex will find the warm spots and I suspect he will not travel far.

~Gregory Williams

rexkipling

Original Poster
gwi11iams":31ig33y5 said:
Mr. Pink is not even four months old yet. That said, he still does not like his leash and he will puff up when I try to put it on. Mr. Pink certainly tells me when he doesn't like something but all I say is, "I take care of you and you ARE going to wear your leash when we are walking in the desert." Everyone has already said it, but follow the heat. Rex will find the warm spots and I suspect he will not travel far.

~Gregory Williams
Hope I can give Rex that same lecture if/when he comes back. It’s been raining and thundering right now, praying he found a dry spot to rest in ): definitely will try to find all the warm spots in the morning, and put his heat lamp back out too before the sun comes up.

gwi11iams

We are Pagona parents and we all care about our beardies. Here is the thing: for hundreds of millions of years these characters have survived just fine in Australia, a very harsh environment. It is summertime so if it rains, Rex will probably play in it and be just fine. Find the areas where there is heat in the morning and you will likely find your escapee. Rex knows how to survive out there but don't give up!

~Gregory Williams

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh I hope you find your boy! Keep on looking for him, hopefully he will show up one of
these days.
Keep us posted on any news.

Tracie

rexkipling

Original Poster
gwi11iams":1a5tt9pl said:
We are Pagona parents and we all care about our beardies. Here is the thing: for hundreds of millions of years these characters have survived just fine in Australia, a very harsh environment. It is summertime so if it rains, Rex will probably play in it and be just fine. Find the areas where there is heat in the morning and you will likely find your escapee. Rex knows how to survive out there but don't give up!

~Gregory Williams
I am praying that he is having the time the adventure of a lifetime out there, and once he gets tired he comes back home. I’m just concerned because we are actually selling our house and I’m going off to college in less than 2 weeks. ):

rexkipling

Original Poster
Drache613":22huibil said:
Hello,

Oh I hope you find your boy! Keep on looking for him, hopefully he will show up one of
these days.
Keep us posted on any news.

Tracie
Thank you tracie! Sunlight is peaking through but no signs of my baby yet ):

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you put up signs with reward offered ? You don't have to offer much but it would definitely cause more people to be on the watch.

rexkipling

Original Poster
AHBD":1d2wk03g said:
Can you put up signs with reward offered ? You don't have to offer much but it would definitely cause more people to be on the watch.
I emailed out a flyer yesterday to everyone in my neighborhood to be on the lookout, and a lot of people walk in the morning time right now, so maybe someone will see him ): staying hopeful
I might print out a few signs and post them near the entrance and exits of my neighborhood with a reward of $50

gwi11iams

That was a good idea. This might be a stretch but if any of your neighbors have hunting dogs I would be knocking on their door asking for help. It goes without saying, those dogs have good sniffers and beardies do have a distinctive scent that I suspect is easy to follow. The aforementioned scent is why I have to give Mr. Pink a toothbrush bath every two weeks. :lol:

~Gregory Williams

rexkipling

Original Poster
gwi11iams":18azr7a2 said:
That was a good idea. This might be a stretch but if any of your neighbors have hunting dogs I would be knocking on their door asking for help. It goes without saying, those dogs have good sniffers and beardies do have a distinctive scent that I suspect is easy to follow. The aforementioned scent is why I have to give Mr. Pink a toothbrush bath every two weeks. :lol:

~Gregory Williams
Sadly everyone around me either has a puppy or a very small dog, no hunting dogs. But I will definitely check that out and see if anyone local could help with that! Do you guys think that police canines could help in this situation? I know he’s not a human, but he’s my baby and I’m desperate at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom