Help!!! Stuck shed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilred6

Hi!! My name is Sarah and I recently (about a month ago) adopted my beardie, Panini — from PetSmart. She was shedding for about two weeks and I thought she was finished when 2 days ago I was looking closely at her tail and I saw that a big section of it appears to have a layer of skin that was not shedding. It’s not white but it’s darker than her actual skin. Ontop of her nose she appears to have skin that also hasn’t shed but that is white. I will attach photos for reference. I’m so stressed out because I know these things can cause serious issues. I was soaking her for about 15 mins for a few days but I don’t think it’s working so I ordered the Zilla shed-Ease which i read could possibly help :( . She seems to be Darker than usual at times and she often has stress marks On her tummy until I take her out of her enclosure And give her some window time. She currently sits under a Thrive 150 Watt basking spot bulb and I can’t remember which UVB bulb I have for her. I feed her a few Dubia roaches a day and offer her Bok Choy daily as well. If someone could please give me some advice idk what to do and I don’t want anything happening to my baby girl :( (I also forgot to mention the end of her tail is dark and she’s missing toes/nails because she was attacked by another beardie which was why she was put up for adoption & I was told it is not tail rot)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She is going to shed ---let it do its thing --- sometimes it takes a while for the shed to come off -- be patient -- you can spray him in the tank soaking really isnt going to make it come off any faster --- now UVB this is extremely important --- is it a coil or a tube? Look on the bulb and tell me what it is?
Karrie

lilred6

Original Poster
KarrieRee":10y6c9bp said:
She is going to shed ---let it do its thing --- sometimes it takes a while for the shed to come off -- be patient -- you can spray him in the tank soaking really isnt going to make it come off any faster --- now UVB this is extremely important --- is it a coil or a tube? Look on the bulb and tell me what it is?
Karrie

Hi!! It is a coil that I have for now until I get a tube. It’s a thrive UVB 10-26 26w 120 v 60 hz Bulb.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes please ditch the coil--- you need a 24" fixture w/ reflector for a 40+ gallon tank and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb or a Arcadia 12% bulb -- they are the best on the market at this time -- when you get it please come back on here and we can help you get it set up --- the screen on top of the tank is wide holed or fine mesh -- makes a difference where the UVB needs to go -- but please get rid of the coil as soon as you can
Karrie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
You should go outside and find an abrasive rock and stick it in her viv so she can rub on it. Mari likes it when I get a bunch of rocks from the beach and add them to her viv when she's shedding because she rubs on them when her skin is ready to come off.

lilred6

Original Poster
Hii!! So turns out I was definitely overthinking (As I am a new reptile momma and I’m only a teenager). Panini is just a bit slow in shedding but the shed on her nose And tail came off just fine and she is now shedding on the remainder of her legs n toes. I will definitely still be getting the tube light as soon as Possible. I also meant to ask y’all if there’s a fixture that you guys can recommend to me for a 40 gallon they’re crazy pricey omg.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
This fixture is good for a 40 + gallon tank and is the only place that I know of that has them --- they are selling out quickly-- I would call them and ask how soon they ship out
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/wholesale-reptile-hoods-domes-fixtures/1884-reptisun-terrarium-hood-t5-24-zoo-med.html
Your going to need this bulb it comes w/ a 5.0 bulb keep it for a spare
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/t5-uvb-bulbs/1878-reptisun-100-uvb-t5-ho-fluorescent-bulb-22-zoo-med.html
916-226-4089 they are out of CA
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom