Very Lethargic baby Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaD

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3qx2c7v9 said:
Just watch his behavior - he needs to regroup and settle in- is he basking? And the size of the crickets your feeding are small?
Karrie
They are small but I’m trying to do the repta boost. He’s basking, but he keeps going down to the bottom of the cage.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Bottom as under the heat lamp- what is the basking temp? Post a pic if him and the tank set up
Karrie

MamaD

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1bfd8kg3 said:
Bottom as under the heat lamp- what is the basking temp? Post a pic if him and the tank set up
Karrie

Bottom as in floor of the tank. The basking temp where he sits is 104. The highest part (its a branch like structure) is 114. I’m thinking maybe he’s too warm..? I’ll get a picture!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yep he's too warm what are the temps in different spots on the decor? And what is distance from UVB? What is temp where he's at?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You need to raise heat bulb if you can and get it between 105-110-- or get a 75 watt but I don't want it too low heat wise--
Karrie

MamaD

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3u26ljw6 said:
Yep he's too warm what are the temps in different spots on the decor? And what is distance from UVB? What is temp where he's at?
Karrie

The temp where he is in that picture is 104. But at the top of that structure is 114. At the bottom of the decor it’s about 97. Where he sits he’s just about 8 inches from the UVB.

MamaD

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1nz0nioo said:
You need to raise heat bulb if you can and get it between 105-110-- or get a 75 watt but I don't want it too low heat wise--
Karrie

Ok! I’m working on raising the heat lamp.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so he's liking the lower of temp and 8 inches is good-- so let him be and watch his behavior- I would look at some of the decor pieces I posted- you want a hide and more decor that offers gradient heat
Karrie

MamaD

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1qvapfvk said:
Ok so he's liking the lower of temp and 8 inches is good-- so let him be and watch his behavior- I would look at some of the decor pieces I posted- you want a hide and more decor that offers gradient heat
Karrie

I got the temp to 110 and he seems happy on the middle section. I’m working on getting some new decor from your list.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I will get some websites posted for you for insects/ worms and nutrition- in the mean time keep him hydrated and keep offering him the crickets- I am hoping he's gonna bounce back here and eat a little that would be progress
Karrie

MamaD

Original Poster
KarrieRee":202ep4so said:
Ok I will get some websites posted for you for insects/ worms and nutrition- in the mean time keep him hydrated and keep offering him the crickets- I am hoping he's gonna bounce back here and eat a little that would be progress
Karrie

Thank you! I will check them out and offer crickets.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Here are some websites
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
www.dubiaroaches.com good and fast service normally- they have been running behind because of mail thing - I am not sure if they are shipping roaches out now but you can see they also have nice worms --- if they have any small super worms you can get them and usually their horn worms are small too but they grow really fast so only order small amounts -- you dont want them bigger than him --
www.reptilianarts.com good silk worms order in bulk like 50 they come small and you will need to order food for them feed every day and clean containers out daily another great staple feeder-- their roaches are nice too ---
www.coastalsilkworms.com or www.westcoastalsilkworms.com they come w/ food
www.mulberryfarms.com nice silk worms and they have butter worms another good worm they are high on shipping
www.xyzreptiles.com you need to search on the site for the silk worms they dont have them listed - they ship Fed Ex and you get them in 2-3 days they are out of Palmetto Bay Fl
I would look at getting him switched over to dubia roaches -- they are one of the best staple feeders - they are better nutritional wise - easier to keep - 10 gallon aquarium or tote feed them dubia food along w/ carrots for hydration just dont feed the dragon carrots too to much Vit A-- they like squash -- not much on greens tho ---
You need to order some BSFL they are a great lure to the salad bowl along w/ some of the other worms I posted if you get some small supers only use 1-3 of them and 1-2 horn worms -- the BSFL are another staple feeder and great for babies - you can get them from here
www.symptonbsf.com -- they are also known as phoenix worms calci worms or nutrigrubs- dubia roaches has them as well -- feed as many as you want do not dust them and I would order large ones you will need a glass or ceramic bowl so they cant get out of -
Keep me posted on how hes doing please
I would start feeding salads first thing in the morning after hes awake and add your BSFL to the bowl along w/ the other worms if you can get them --- make sure you add them to the salad in front of him --- so he sees you do this and the movement will get him to the bowl -- please NO meal worms they are too hard on babies stomachs -- try this and let me know how it goes when he starts eating more -- you can also add the dubias to the salad after hes been lured to the bowl w/ the other feeders --- you want him eating salad now --- or at least a little bit his main diet is protein till hes a year then it will switch to salads mainly
Karrie

MamaD

Original Poster
This is perkier that he’s been, but he still hasn’t accepted food or liquid for the last couple of hours.
109005-5885141110.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok glad to hear -- its gonna take awhile for him to settle in --- they usually go thru relocation stress and the eating will slow down --- but w/ the improper lighting it may take a few days for the relocation stress to kick in-- and that effects their eating --- as long as we can get him to eat something that will be good --- so keep offering every morning his food --- I dont know what you have on hand but I sent you a list of food websites so offer what you can --- lets hope he starts moving around more etc.
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom