Sick Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OssieD

Original Poster
Hi! I just got back from camping. Bob did great while I was away but today his poop was really weird. Because of all the concerns about the dried crickets and because I thought bob might have been partially impacted i told the sitter not to feed him crickets at all. Yesterday I came back to a super normal healthy poop, but today both poop and urate were really small and almost completely liquid surrounded by more liquid. He has been getting extra mists and baths because I thought he was impacted. His salads have been bok choy, beet greens, arugula, kale, collard greens, a little lettuce, grated carrot (for the impaction), and blueberries. He is very good at eating his leafy greens and blueberries but hates all veg. Am I over reacting?

P.s. how do you add pictures?

OssieD

Original Poster
Oh also: Long weekend here so can't get live bugs until Tuesday ?. Should i feed my back up freeze dried or flukers protein pellets or hold off on protein until Tuesday? The worm lady sounds great but is backed up because of 'rona

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can try feeding the dried bugs -- I just wouldnt do it long term --
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You can click on the XIMG function to upload your pictures to the image gallery to download
your pictures & copy/paste them so we can see them.
It sounds like your dragon is improving with time! We would all love to see pictures!
A lot of people do supplement dried insects, etc for their reptiles which is fine, as long as you
do feed fresh also.

Tracie

OssieD

Original Poster
108872-9099988686.jpg
Here's Bob! He's being a bit shy, I'll try to get a better pic later.
108872-8826293274.jpg
Heres his enclosure, he is upgrading to a 120g zen habitat this month!
And this is his poop today:
108872-6589896823.jpg
Looks better but urate is still not solid, maybe over hydration?

Thank you all for your help! I'll feed him a mix of the pellets and crickets until tues.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I think it's probably something in the freeze dried crickets causing those loose poos. Even a diet of juicy worms + veggies can cause more liquid in any dragons poo.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He must be getting a good amount of hydration from something! Do you give extra oral
fluids for him?
The tank is very nice for him, he should have plenty of room in the 120 gallon tank!
How is he doing today?

Tracie

OssieD

Original Poster
Drache613":21rm4gdz said:
Hello,

He must be getting a good amount of hydration from something! Do you give extra oral
fluids for him?
The tank is very nice for him, he should have plenty of room in the 120 gallon tank!
How is he doing today?

Tracie
Hi! He gets a mist once a day and on his salad. I also gave him a long soak last week before we went away, he gets dehydrated often! I gave him 3 freeze dried crickets yesterday (playing it safe). Today he didn't eat much of his salad but thats normal. My picky prince won't eat if anyone's in the same room as him, lol. His poop today was extra big, liquidy and green, weirdly. The urate was almost nonexistent and liquidy. I think the green-ness might have been from having only veg for 5 days.

OssieD

Original Poster
Hi everyone, no news or poop today. I tried to get a better picture of bob:
108872-7151196934.jpg
Maybe I'm just grasping at straws but maybe the loose poos are from parasites? I cant tell if his belly looks swollen or if he just has a big belly.

OssieD

Original Poster
Here's some more pics:
108872-4544353373.jpg
108872-1839607456.jpg
108872-481196689.jpg
He is definitely not skinny! He has noticeable fat pads and a squishy tail base and arms.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He looks good! Does his poop smell so bad it makes you want to leave the room? That would be a sign of parasites and real runny poop and his appetite where he's not eating a lot or at all
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He looks really good, very handsome indeed! His fat pads are in great shape so he really
doesn't appear to be dehydrated though.
If his urates are just that hard, he definitely needs some more hydration. You can use a
plastic dropper to drip water onto his snout if he will take it.
The freeze dried food has probably zapped some moisture out of him perhaps.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

OssieD

Original Poster
Thank you all again, im glad that bob is looking healthy! His poops aren't the nicest to smell but i can still clean them easily. He is a good eater, he alway eats his salad but will never finish it no matter how much you give him. He would eat endless crickets though, if I let him!

Todays poop was extra big and more solid then the last few, urate looked kinda runny but def more solid then before. I've been giving him less mists so maybe he was just overhydrated.

OssieD

Original Poster
Hi everyone, past two days have been only urate. Urate looks OK though. I'm considering checking for parasites if his poop doesn't get more regular. Should i wait it out or get him tested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom