Adult beardie has constant stress marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

peytonsbeardie

My 1 and a half year old beardie named Newman always has stress marks or is a dark color. i've had him for a year now and he's always been like this. only occasionally i've seen him with a pure white belly and light brown skin which is concerning. is he not happy? am i doing something wrong? he has a beautiful bioactive enclosure with soil and aloe plants for him to eat and dig. there is mercury vapor bulb on one side and standard uvb/uva on the other. he eats repashy beardie buffet as a main food and gets bugs occasionally.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post a pic of the tank so some of the other more experienced w/ bioactive tanks can help -- I am no good w/ bioactive -- https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
I can look at your lighting and see if something is off there
Karrie

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
peytonsbeardie":2kivo78k said:
My 1 and a half year old beardie named Newman always has stress marks or is a dark color. i've had him for a year now and he's always been like this. only occasionally i've seen him with a pure white belly and light brown skin which is concerning. is he not happy? am i doing something wrong? he has a beautiful bioactive enclosure with soil and aloe plants for him to eat and dig. there is mercury vapor bulb on one side and standard uvb/uva on the other. he eats repashy beardie buffet as a main food and gets bugs occasionally.
Wed be glad to help but need some examination of the enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom