Pale spot on bearded dragons head

Status
Not open for further replies.
108252-2538686865.jpg
108252-6357304375.jpg
My bearded dragon, Griff randomly developed a pale spot above his eye. He’s been acting normal besides this but I’m just worried as to what it might be. It could be a sunburn maybe but the last time I took him out it was like 5pm and in my screened in area. It doesn’t look like it’s spread but if it did it wasn’t a noticeable amount. (The second picture was taken before the spot appeared)

Hiya it could be a bit of shed that hasnt come off but I'm unsure one of the more experienced members of the form could help u

worried4griff

Original Poster
Update: I don’t know what happened between yesterday and today but he’s really inactive and won’t eat anything. I gave him a bath and he went to the bathroom. He usually gets really excited about worms but he just ignored them. I tried to hold him which he likes but today he tried to jump back into his cage.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Post pics of his tank and lighting please- what are the basking temps and how are you taking them? No stick ons they are inaccurate--
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
When they shed they can be cranky so that's a factor. Griff is in a full body shed so that most likely explains his behavior.

worried4griff

Original Poster
I’m so sorry for the late reply!! He’s acting normal now so maybe it was a just a fluke but the spot on his head is still there, from what I researched it looks like it could be a bruise which kinda makes sense cause he runs into a lot things or it’s a fungal infection but I don’t know how to tell the difference. I think it hurts him when I touch it cause if I get too close to it when I pet his head he moves away. Here’s all of his cage stuff, I have a digital thermometer.
108252-5356666842.jpg
108252-2830198654.jpg
108252-7620290536.jpg
108252-7510329550.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That just looks like a spot of shed , nothing looks at all like fungus. Just a small spot/blemish that so many beardies get at times and nothing to worry about. :) BTW, did your slimline Zilla UVB fixture have a plastic cover over the bulb ? If so, be sure to take it off because that would block all the uvb. A better bulb to get for that fixture would be the Reptisun 10.0 t5.

worried4griff

Original Poster
Thank you! When does it usually go away? Its been there for about a week and a half and I’ve been giving him his baths. Also I had tried to get the terrarium 10.0 t.5 but it was out of stock everywhere I looked and the old one I had blew out so I had to get one ASAP. Is this the plastic thing your talking about? I had taken a sticker off of the actual light but there’s this plastic thing that doesn’t really seem to come off.
108252-7730410387.jpg

worried4griff

Original Poster
108252-6565705128.jpg
108252-9296923405.jpg
108252-7506695199.jpg
I bought an anti fungal cream that had good reviews for getting rid of yellow fungal on bearded dragons. I didn’t know for sure if it was the yellow fungus but it looked similar to the pictures of beardies with it online and everything I read said not to wait and act on it as soon as you saw the symptoms so I figured I should try and see if it works. I’ve only put the cream on the spot once so far but should I continue to do so just in case?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah those spots are fine, sometimes even get them from poking their head under a tight spot or else it's just a tiny bit of shed. Nothing to worry about. :)

worried4griff

Original Poster
Oh my gosh! Okay so I took the casing off of it I honestly had no clue it was on there until you guys had asked about it. The light is on the screen on top which I know is usually not okay cause it absorbs some of the light but I figured since it was a higher bulb then he’s supposed to have anyway it was okay for some of the UVB light to get absorbed.
108252-2046424430.jpg

worried4griff

Original Poster
Also the the light fixture itself is a 18” is that too small? Cause right now I have the heat bulb in a casing that’s supposed to hold the UVB and the heat but I only have the heat bulb in it and the UVB in the Zilla fixture so if I buy a bigger LED light I’m going to have to buy a different casing for the heat bulb. If that makes sense, also is it an urgent matter to buy a new bulb because I will if I have to of course but if it’s not hurting him I would love to hold off for a few months since I just bought the new UVB fixture and bulb 2 months ago. He goes outside a lot too so he gets UV rays there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom