Very Lethargic baby Dragon

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Re: Very Lethargic baby Dragon

Postby MamaD » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:56 am

KarrieRee wrote:Yes set up like I posted in my last post- you can use long plastic zip ties 3 M Velcro command fasteners-- fishing line- shoe laces potted plant wire hangers- once you get this in and basking temps are what they need to be you should see a difference in his behavior ASAP-- what basking bulb did he get and a digital probe??
Karrie


[Click image to enlarge]
This is the basking bulb. And they didn’t have any digital thermometers. But I ordered the one posted and it should be here tomorrow. I just realized, I make soap and I have a digital temp gun. Could I use that until the other one gets here?
MamaD
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:58 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Very Lethargic baby Dragon

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:58 am

Yes use that!! :). Make sure you get a temp of where he sits--- 105-110
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 10802
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Very Lethargic baby Dragon

Postby MamaD » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:06 am

KarrieRee wrote:Yes use that!! :). Make sure you get a temp of where he sits--- 105-110
Karrie


Ok, checking now! Also, I can’t get the plastic cover over the uvb bulb off..?
MamaD
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:58 pm

Re: Very Lethargic baby Dragon

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:10 am

Not sure how it comes off it should just pop off -- I have one but I didn't take it off my husband did - and I don't have it handy to look at- keep fartin w/ it and see if you can get it off-- did he get the Reptisun bulb as well? When getting the basking bulb situated let it warm up good like 10-20 minutes then hit your infrared gun at basking decor inside the tank approx 2-4 inches from it
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 10802
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Very Lethargic baby Dragon

Postby MamaD » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:11 am

KarrieRee wrote:Not sure how it comes off it should just pop off -- I have one but I didn't take it off my husband did - and I don't have it handy to look at- keep fartin w/ it and see if you can get it off-- did he get the Reptisun bulb as well? When getting the basking bulb situated let it warm up good like 10-20 minutes then hit your infrared gun at basking decor inside the tank approx 2-4 inches from it
Karrie



Yes, he got that bulb. But I just can’t get the cover off. I’ll ask my husband to try.
MamaD
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:58 pm

Re: Very Lethargic baby Dragon

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:14 am

Yep have him get it--- post a pic of your tank when you got it set up
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 10802
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Very Lethargic baby Dragon

Postby MamaD » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:31 am

KarrieRee wrote:Yep have him get it--- post a pic of your tank when you got it set up
Karrie



This is what I’ve got at the moment. The temp where he basks is 108. It went up to 115 but I adjusted the basking bulb a little and now it’s stable at 110. I’m trying to find zip ties now. My husband goes to work soon and I’m trying to get a family member to shop for me so I don’t have to leave home. [Click image to enlarge]
MamaD
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:58 pm

Re: Very Lethargic baby Dragon

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:38 am

If you haft to take that screen put UVB at the end of the tank going width wise-- take your screen right up to it w/ basking bulb on the screen next to it--- did you husband get the cover off?
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 10802
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Very Lethargic baby Dragon

Postby MamaD » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:35 am

KarrieRee wrote:If you haft to take that screen put UVB at the end of the tank going width wise-- take your screen right up to it w/ basking bulb on the screen next to it--- did you husband get the cover off?
Karrie


We got the cover off and the temps are good. But now he’s acting all lethargic again and won’t take any liquid or the repta-boost. I don’t want to keep taking everyone’s time but I just don’t know what else to do (I heard back from one vet office, the don’t do lizards).
MamaD
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:58 pm

Re: Very Lethargic baby Dragon

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:38 am

Did you get the UVB set up where it's not obstructed- the T 8 is not strong enough to go thru the screen it blocks 30% of those rays-- get it so he's getting full rays--
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 10802
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Very Lethargic baby Dragon

Postby AHBD » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:57 am

I know it's hard to see but he has a somewhat serious condition and cannot recover the first day of treatment, it's going to take a while to get better and it can be touch + go. You're doing what you can now so just let him rest now, he's already had a big day. BTW, I don't know if I missed it but what size are the crickets he was eating ? Just to rule that out [ crickets too large ] as a possible connection.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 25274
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:20 am

Re: Very Lethargic baby Dragon

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:59 am

And don't worry about asking for help we want him eating basking pooping and active-- I am going to post websites for nutrition and insects and worms later
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 10802
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Very Lethargic baby Dragon

Postby MamaD » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:18 am

KarrieRee wrote:Did you get the UVB set up where it's not obstructed- the T 8 is not strong enough to go thru the screen it blocks 30% of those rays-- get it so he's getting full rays--
Karrie


I did, he has unobstructed light. I have it positioned over his basking spot.
MamaD
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:58 pm

Re: Very Lethargic baby Dragon

Postby MamaD » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:19 am

KarrieRee wrote:And don't worry about asking for help we want him eating basking pooping and active-- I am going to post websites for nutrition and insects and worms later
Karrie

THANK YOU!
MamaD
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:58 pm

Re: Very Lethargic baby Dragon

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:20 am

Just watch his behavior - he needs to regroup and settle in- is he basking? And the size of the crickets your feeding are small?
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 10802
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am
Location: Minnesota
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

PreviousNext

Return to Beardie ER

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users