Very Lethargic baby Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaD

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2sa3sc8t said:
Yes set up like I posted in my last post- you can use long plastic zip ties 3 M Velcro command fasteners-- fishing line- shoe laces potted plant wire hangers- once you get this in and basking temps are what they need to be you should see a difference in his behavior ASAP-- what basking bulb did he get and a digital probe??
Karrie

109005-1973230057.jpg
This is the basking bulb. And they didn’t have any digital thermometers. But I ordered the one posted and it should be here tomorrow. I just realized, I make soap and I have a digital temp gun. Could I use that until the other one gets here?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes use that!! :). Make sure you get a temp of where he sits--- 105-110
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Not sure how it comes off it should just pop off -- I have one but I didn't take it off my husband did - and I don't have it handy to look at- keep fartin w/ it and see if you can get it off-- did he get the Reptisun bulb as well? When getting the basking bulb situated let it warm up good like 10-20 minutes then hit your infrared gun at basking decor inside the tank approx 2-4 inches from it
Karrie

MamaD

Original Poster
KarrieRee":mfj1k50s said:
Not sure how it comes off it should just pop off -- I have one but I didn't take it off my husband did - and I don't have it handy to look at- keep fartin w/ it and see if you can get it off-- did he get the Reptisun bulb as well? When getting the basking bulb situated let it warm up good like 10-20 minutes then hit your infrared gun at basking decor inside the tank approx 2-4 inches from it
Karrie

Yes, he got that bulb. But I just can’t get the cover off. I’ll ask my husband to try.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yep have him get it--- post a pic of your tank when you got it set up
Karrie

MamaD

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1ynsz2l4 said:
Yep have him get it--- post a pic of your tank when you got it set up
Karrie

This is what I’ve got at the moment. The temp where he basks is 108. It went up to 115 but I adjusted the basking bulb a little and now it’s stable at 110. I’m trying to find zip ties now. My husband goes to work soon and I’m trying to get a family member to shop for me so I don’t have to leave home.
109005-657428741.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If you haft to take that screen put UVB at the end of the tank going width wise-- take your screen right up to it w/ basking bulb on the screen next to it--- did you husband get the cover off?
Karrie

MamaD

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3nei1ioi said:
If you haft to take that screen put UVB at the end of the tank going width wise-- take your screen right up to it w/ basking bulb on the screen next to it--- did you husband get the cover off?
Karrie

We got the cover off and the temps are good. But now he’s acting all lethargic again and won’t take any liquid or the repta-boost. I don’t want to keep taking everyone’s time but I just don’t know what else to do (I heard back from one vet office, the don’t do lizards).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Did you get the UVB set up where it's not obstructed- the T 8 is not strong enough to go thru the screen it blocks 30% of those rays-- get it so he's getting full rays--
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I know it's hard to see but he has a somewhat serious condition and cannot recover the first day of treatment, it's going to take a while to get better and it can be touch + go. You're doing what you can now so just let him rest now, he's already had a big day. BTW, I don't know if I missed it but what size are the crickets he was eating ? Just to rule that out [ crickets too large ] as a possible connection.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
And don't worry about asking for help we want him eating basking pooping and active-- I am going to post websites for nutrition and insects and worms later
Karrie

MamaD

Original Poster
KarrieRee":rx5y2u8u said:
Did you get the UVB set up where it's not obstructed- the T 8 is not strong enough to go thru the screen it blocks 30% of those rays-- get it so he's getting full rays--
Karrie

I did, he has unobstructed light. I have it positioned over his basking spot.

MamaD

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1mqy822i said:
And don't worry about asking for help we want him eating basking pooping and active-- I am going to post websites for nutrition and insects and worms later
Karrie
THANK YOU!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Just watch his behavior - he needs to regroup and settle in- is he basking? And the size of the crickets your feeding are small?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom