Beardie tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Spray not sure I would try and find the solution- Tracie or ahbd would need to advise on the spray
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Silvally":f79a84n6 said:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Videne-Surgical-Scrub-Povidine-Iodine-Antiseptic/dp/B00KBKEFJ6/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=iodine+disinfectant&qid=1596462917&sr=8-12
would you know if this would be any good?

That will do. It is Povidone Iodine. Same thing as betadine.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Since it's being applied externally you can probably just dab it on with a cotton bud at full strength.

Silvally

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice, I'll order some now and keep an eye on it untill it comes. Pharmacy was ****e.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That bottle should last for a very long time, but if you need more down the road, any brand of povidone iodine will work. A lot of stores here have their own house brand/generic which is often cheaper than name brand for the same stuff.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That particular product will be fine. As Cooper suggested, you can dab it on using a swab or
a cotton ball full strength to help. If you bathe him in it, just dilute it down until it appears to be
the color of a weak tea.
I hope it gets shipped out to you fast.

Tracie

Silvally

Original Poster
107050-9310310338.jpg

Been applying it for the past few days. Hasn't gotten any worse (never really did anyway). He seems pretty normal still and still feels his tail and wiggles it etc.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that it hasn't appeared to spread. My dragon has a similar spot between scales on his tail and I was concerned at first but it hasn't spread or changed at all in several years so I wrote it off as some kind of natural coloring where scales meet in that area. Hopefully that is the case here as well. Continue to keep a close eye on it for a while though.

Silvally

Original Poster
Yes, mines had this for a while. I've got some YouTube videos from June where he's had it, and pictures from a few months ago where he's had it. I'm going to continue applying the iodine to it just in case, and make sure it doesn't spread. The only real change it's made is I guess growing with the scales (not spreading, I guess like how tatoo would get bigger if someone gained weight).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom