Very Lethargic baby Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaD

Original Poster
KarrieRee":k6ii55im said:
He needs daily protein -- crickets dubia roaches silk worms and BSFL are all good staple feeders --- they need to be dusted w/ calcium D3 5 x per week once per feeding and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week once per feeding -- salads as well here is a nutrition website for that and those need to be offered every morning ignore the kale thing its good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
I would suggest getting your lighting in order and get him eating something crickets --- little ones and dust them - do not leave them in the tank over nite and count how many your feeding you dont want any left in the tank over nite they come out and bite
And yes I would recommend getting him a new hide I am going to post some decor pieces you can look at for the tank they are nice ones all from petsmart
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/habitats-and-decor/habitat-decor/thrive-driftwood-reptile-decor-54734.html?cgid=500116 this piece you can lay in the tank different ways
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/habitats-and-decor/habitat-decor/thrive-reptile-bogwood-decor-55913.html?cgid=500116
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/habitats-and-decor/habitat-decor/thrive-rainforest-cave-reptile-decor-55905.html?cgid=500116
Look at these pieces and go from there
No colored bulbs -- tank needs darkness so baby gets a good sleep if you need heat at nite get a che ceramic heat emitter--- they produce heat only- that's if your tank is falling below 65 at nite
Karrie

Thank you!! We’re outside in the sunlight and his eyes are open and he’s moving on my hand. ?. My husband is en route to get new bulbs etc. Thank you all SOOOOOO much!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post what you get- for UVB distance plays a key roll here for where it is placed in the tank--- i will help you get it where it needs to be
Karrie

MamaD

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2mzxnfh1 said:
Please post what you get- for UVB distance plays a key roll here for where it is placed in the tank--- i will help you get it where it needs to be
Karrie

I will post pictures as soon as we get everything set up!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok - outside time 15 minutes in a plastic tote direct sunlight / partial shade-- No longer - you don't want to burn him up- if your holding longer till you can't stand the heat-- if in a tote watch him-- you can do this everyday till you get a UVB
Karrie

MamaD

Original Poster
KarrieRee":sr3p7gp4 said:
Ok - outside time 15 minutes in a plastic tote direct sunlight / partial shade-- No longer - you don't want to burn him up- if your holding longer till you can't stand the heat-- if in a tote watch him-- you can do this everyday till you get a UVB
Karrie

Ok, we did about 10 minutes. Should I go back out? He has perked up significantly since then. Still seems dehydrated but he’s alert and crawling.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Drop water on his nose or spray him or syringe feed water- I would try dropping water on his nose first if he drinks keep doing that till he stops- if you resort to syringe feed slowly go in on the side of his mouth administrator slow let him swallow what you put in you do not want him aspirating- once he starts eating and your feeding salads rinse the greens before serving he will get alit of moisture from them make sure your gut loading his insects he will get moisture- from them as well but more so from the greens-- you can take him out a couple times per day - 15 minutes good sunlight will equal out to about 4 hrs of uvb
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Definitely drip some water on him for a drink. Good that you got him outside, ! How warm is it ? You can set him in the grass for a good half hour at a time, if he's in plastic tote you can do the same but should be mottled shade if it's getting hot out.

MamaD

Original Poster
AHBD":30c4uf4d said:
Definitely drip some water on him for a drink. Good that you got him outside, ! How warm is it ? You can set him in the grass for a good half hour at a time, if he's in plastic tote you can do the same but should be mottled shade if it's getting hot out.

I’m dripping water now and he’s licking it. It’s 84 outside. I’m looking for a tote to put him in for the next time we go out.

MamaD

Original Poster
KarrieRee":rt2xu74t said:
Karrie
My husband just called, they only have a UVB 25 in stock. Will that work or should I order the one you listed (10)?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes I recommend a tote you don't want to loose him they are very fast--- just make sure you watch him offer him water and food when you come back in see if he will eat or drink or do both-- once he gets the correct lighting and basking temps I am hoping he will.start eating - is it a zilla fixture? It will work if it is but you need the Reptisun 10.0 T 8 bulb
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The zilla fixture are ok but the bulb is not as good as what I am recommending- let me know
Karrie

MamaD

Original Poster
KarrieRee":188n94nz said:
The zilla fixture are ok but the bulb is not as good as what I am recommending- let me know
Karrie

The bulb the have for uvb 10 is a compact bulb, not a tube. I think my husband bought the 25. But I can order online. I just don’t want to burn him or have him not get enough.

Also, you guys have been life savers! I’m so grateful.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No compact! They are no good if he got the zilla fixture tube that is fine but you want that Reptisun 10.0 T 8 bulb--- when he gets home post pics of it -- if it's the zilla T 8 it will need to go inside the tank unobstructed meaning that clear plastic cover over the bulb needs to come off--- distance needs to be 6-8 inches from basking decor directly over it
Karrie

MamaD

Original Poster
KarrieRee":g6kjf9e5 said:
No compact! They are no good if he got the zilla fixture tube that is fine but you want that Reptisun 10.0 T 8 bulb--- when he gets home post pics of it -- if it's the zilla T 8 it will need to go inside the tank unobstructed meaning that clear plastic cover over the bulb needs to come off--- distance needs to be 6-8 inches from basking decor directly over it
Karrie

Here’s what they had. Praying it’s ok?!
109005-7519884659.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes set up like I posted in my last post- you can use long plastic zip ties 3 M Velcro command fasteners-- fishing line- shoe laces potted plant wire hangers- once you get this in and basking temps are what they need to be you should see a difference in his behavior ASAP-- what basking bulb did he get and a digital probe??
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom